What is an affordable car with huge potentials to mod for more torque?

johnnxiv

Wrench Pro
Car
Corolla 1990
I'm saving up ~15k for a car. My accord is about $3000. I love speed with all my heart. All I need is to pull 0 to 60 as fast as possible. Unfortunately I dont drive manual because I hate driving in traffic with a manual car.
What car should I get? I will continue to modify it in the long run. As long as it's reliable and doesn't break down every few months like BMW.

Have you looked at diesels, I know they are not big out there but with a remap they offer truly amazing performance. The VW Audi 2.0 TDi CR engines are pretty good, with loads of torque on offer.

How much are you planning to spend on mods? A V8 Mustang would be a good base and I'd drop in a supercharger for good measure but the cost of modding these large engines can be quite expensive.

Most import turbo cars are good candidates for tuning. The 2.5 TFSi engine from the VAG group as found in the TTRS and a few others can be pushed to 700bhp with a turbo swap and remap and new exhaust system. That is more than double the standard power!

Older Turbo supras, skylines and the like have many tuning options around for them but I know you will struggle to get imports from Japan in Florida.

I'm saving up ~15k for a car. My accord is about $3000. I love speed with all my heart. All I need is to pull 0 to 60 as fast as possible. Unfortunately I dont drive manual because I hate driving in traffic with a manual car.
What car should I get? I will continue to modify it in the long run. As long as it's reliable and doesn't break down every few months like BMW.

BMW breaking down every few months? This is unusual. I can't say that's a phenomenon we're familiar with in the UK. With which model have you had reliability problems?

Last edited:
1 series break down quite often. I see ALOT on the side of the road. Its more then likely poor care as they are used now as rep mobiles as they are cheap.

Definitely, lack of servicing will compromise the reliability of any car. BMWs are no more expensive to service than any other brand so I have no idea why owners/drivers/operators would overlook this.