What is a supercar

davalav

From
Essex, England
Car
Mini Cooper S R56
Meh... Super cars are gay. My Girlfriends dad has an Aston martin DB9... It's fast but boring. I wasn't taken back by the speed. The second I sit in my brothers Scooby, I feel huge amounts of adrenaline and excitment, the second he puts his foot down my face resembles the Joker. Thats what makes a supercar, Raw excitement and adrenaline for the driver.

davalav

From
Essex, England
Car
Mini Cooper S R56
Meh... Super cars are gay. My Girlfriends dad has an Aston martin DB9... It's fast but boring. I wasn't taken back by the speed. The second I sit in my brothers Scooby, I feel huge amounts of adrenaline and excitment, the second he puts his foot down my face resembles the Joker. Thats what makes a supercar, Raw excitement and adrenaline for the driver.

Not saying an Impreza is a supercar.... But regardless.

MADRod

Road Burner
Car
Sierra RS Cosworth
A DB9 is not a hugely fast car but well built & a no sensible owner would be swapping it for a Scoob :lol:. Neither are Supercars.

davalav

From
Essex, England
Car
Mini Cooper S R56
A DB9 is not a hugely fast car but well built & a no sensible owner would be swapping it for a Scoob :lol:. Neither are Supercars.

I was merely outlining what I think should make a supercar. Excitement and adreneline whilst driving. It's like travelling in a limo or a monster truck, what would you rather? ;)

Yugguy

Torque King
From
Rugby (expat Preston lad)
Car
Merc C220Cdi Elegan
I was merely outlining what I think should make a supercar. Excitement and adreneline whilst driving. It's like travelling in a limo or a monster truck, what would you rather? ;)
It's not just that though is it, I mean you can get plenty of excitement and adrenaline in modestly powered hot hatches.

davalav

From
Essex, England
Car
Mini Cooper S R56
It's not just that though is it, I mean you can get plenty of excitement and adrenaline in modestly powered hot hatches.

okay, okay... But hatches are designed to be fun. Most supercars are caped in luxary and ride 'enhancers'. I wouldn't want that, makes it boring.

lockonstratos

From
Pittsburgh, USA
Car
Datsun 280zx
what about the Nissan GT-R? Anyone seen the top gear reviews? Beat several supercars on a track, has launch control, etc. One thing i didnt like is that it limits you until you get on a track. Launch control could be good for merging onto highways.

And what about an agressive look? A bentley might have the same power as a lotus, but they have very different styles.

MADRod

Road Burner
Car
Sierra RS Cosworth
okay, okay... But hatches are designed to be fun. Most supercars are caped in luxary and ride 'enhancers'. I wouldn't want that, makes it boring.
An Enzo less fun than a Golf GTi :blink:.
It would be interesting what fun destroying 'goodies' you think these supercars have. Most will never drive a really fast car so only think a hot hatch is fun & fast. A Supercar is one most will never drive because of cost so how can you say they are not fun if you have not driven it. Im lucky ive driven some very fast cars & believe me they dont destroy the fun only give a buzz that cant be got in lesser cars.

RobBentley

The Torque Meister
From
Kent, UK
Car
Audi RS6 C6 Saloon
Given a Standard Bugatti Veyron will do 100mph in 5.8/sec - I'm not sure what I would call sub 3 seconds... complete madness probably! ;)

Reactions: Teo

PaBill

From
Gettysburg Pa
Car
2011 Jaguar XJ SS
I would think there are different levels of Super car.
That Hot three American Cars @ 500+HP could br one.
then Audie, BMW, Merks, Jaguar another and so on.