What interior mods have you done

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What mods have you done to the interior of your car?

I must admit that mine is pretty standard apart from a set of car mats I got from ebay. Sadly they were cheap and creases have started to appear in them.

Blue :)
(thats it so far, blue dash & switches & full new interior planned over the winter though)

DSC_8436.jpg

1st up the Passat W8 interior light
gauge din panel installed
carputer installed in place of gauges and CD player
2 gauges reinstalled in a customised lower centre console
1 gauge and 1 blanking plate in the handbrake cover.
have thought about ditching the rest of the walnut trim for the aluminum but cant justify the cost. approx £200 for doors and climate control and £97 according to VW for the gearknob

I washed my seat covers today, The water was mega dirty, a good mod and weight saving meathod I think!

blue seat covers . blue and black mats , blue seat belt harness pads at the back. blue door cards . blue door latch thingys to open the door , blue centre console . blu steering wheel horn surround and racing steering wheel . cd player . blue cd player surround. blue neons on the floors . glove box blue with polo written on it , D.I.Y handbrake cover . blue parcel shelf runners rests . sides of back seats are blue. so basically almost everything is blue and aluminium pedals in blue and new fli speakers also blue.

In the MG:
  • Drivers Cobra bucket seat and Sabelt quick release harness. (BOTH BLUE!!! :toung: )
  • Shift light/tacho.
  • Engine starter.
  • In the new year the interior shall be stripped :amuse:
In the Discovery:
  • Genuine LR rubber mat set.
  • Dog guard.

joshy1991 i think you show show us a pic of your interior, yeah it sounds like a lot of blue from your discription but doesnt sound like overkill tbh. Its not like you have blue carpets and rooflining lol get a pic up cos sounds like could look quite good :)

I'd like to see a pic as well. Don't be put off by others, much respect to you for your efforts.

But there is still such thing as bad taste! At least when he grows up he can look back and laugh! Not being mean, just being honest. Sounds tacky to me but we've all done it!

I once had these forza bucket seats, they were so uncomfortable after 30 min had a proper numb bum and back ache lol not good

heres some pics

its not that over the top. im gonna get some blue bucket seats next. also i dont mind what comments people put because i like what i like and you like what you like. if people like my car then yay if not then owell. not to sound horrible. i may look back and laugh but then again that will only be because all the painting is done with a paint brush and not spray. and i will do it properly second time round. lol .

Last edited:
But there is still such thing as bad taste! At least when he grows up he can look back and laugh! Not being mean, just being honest. Sounds tacky to me but we've all done it!

nowt like being patronising is there!

just cos he says he has lots of blue in his car doesnt mean he is a chav or being imature.

personally i like it barring the blue light tubes (maybes a couple of led strips hidden in the footwells would look nicer - and would last longer) and not keen on the glovebox decal but apart from that i like it. So well done for doing what you want and sticking 2 fingers up at everyone else. :)

I have near enough every blub inside mine blue, luminous yellow/green wheels so if that makes me a chav and i need to grow up then so be it

Last edited:
doesnt look too bad. not a fan of the glovebox or the vents - infact the lightblue areas. but the dark blue isnt as bad as i thought. but as 2fast said get the neon hidden away behind the lower panels

yup. i have planned to hide the neons away for the last 3 weeks now . i have never got round to doin it.

i hav only kept the light blue on the dash because the seat covers and mats are light blue . but i may paint it dark blue at a later date

thats alright . i put a stencil on the glovebox and when i sprayed it blue . it sorta went wrong but o well. theres a faded edge to it which i didnt want. i can put a better pic of it on here if u want to see 2fast

I also have blue LEDs in my dome light and trunk light, glove box and door lights. I blacked out the Mazda symbol in my steering wheel with Matt paint. Armorall makes everything look better

C'mon guys back on topic. I've just fitted an EK9 gearknob. It's really smooth, but it's always cold in the morning! :lol:

What materials does everyone prefer inside? Alcantara? Leather? Cloth?
What's your favourite colour combination for the interior?

mmm leather! :D
seriously though, i binned my old seats in favour of some huggy half leather ones, ive got my alcantara fix from the custom made gear gaitor and handbrake gaitor. Ive gone red and blue leds in the dash, white leds in the lights and installed led door lights too. Ive illuminated my arm rest cubby and ive got a nice metal gearknob from a GSi.

My steering wheel is a OEM Irmscher one, it matches my titanium trim nicely too.

next on the interior is sorting my ICE out, and build a new boot install. I also need a boost gauge, and oil pressure/temp to match my volts gauge. Ive lost nearly all the functions on my trip computer since haviong teh turbo installed, so i may bin that in favour of something else. I was considering buying a sat nav that can take an external antenna and be controllable via remote and fabricating a mount for it instead. It would be behind the clear plastic that protects the speedo and rev counter, hence the need for remote control.

any one else tried something like that before?