what induction kit can i use on my pug 106 1.1 carb?

Tommo

i want to make my car sound a bit nicer by putting an induction kit on it, however im having problems finding an induction kit that fits a carb insted of injection.

any suggestions?

Piper-X do a fairly universal one that fits in a round carb airbox - is your airbox round? The mesh ones can look really nice as well.

induction kit help

Hi, i have a small induction kit that is universal and have a rough idea on how to fit it as i did so once on my old metro lol, but the engine bay of my 106 luks little bit more confusing and as i have little idea on what to do i was wondering if you could help... my engine looks like the following,

http://www.ecotekplc.com/images/Pug106_1.1amkd.jpg

Can somebody like give a quick step by step and tell me what i need to take out and what i shouuldnt lol.. like draw circles on the picture or sumink, i would really appriciate the help.. i know where the air filter is but not sure what to remove and how to get to it as i dnt know what the large thing on top is... thanks :)

somebody must know lol :(

i really want to fit it as soon as possible... is there a guide anywhere out there that someone knows of?

I've had good results on a petrol 2.0 Primera with the green cotton drop in filters (standard airbox replacement). The problem with NA engines is that there's not a huge amount of extra power to be had unless the engine is very under-tuned at the factory. Mine went from 150bhp to about 156, which is bugger all really, certainly not enough to notice even under hard acceleration. You might get more if you want to start fiddling with cams and valves but the law of diminishing returns makes this costly.

The other problem is that your insurer is going to charge a big premium if you modify a car excessively. It's often cheaper to just trade the car for one that has a bigger engine to start with. That way you're not having to declare any mods.

Twin carb setups are fun - they make all the right noises and you can amuse yourself for hours getting the airflow and mixtures balanced.

unless your cars a 1.6 or over there aint really much point in puting on an iduction kit, small engines like ur 1.1 genarate alot of heat under the bonnet which gets sucked in through the induction kit robbing you of a little bit of power. ur best bet is to get a performance panel filter which goes into your standard air box, it avoids sucking in hot air an gives u more horse.

, small engines like ur 1.1 genarate alot of heat under the bonnet which gets sucked in through the induction kit robbing you of a little bit of power. ur best bet is to get a performance panel filter which goes into your standard air box, it avoids sucking in hot air an gives u more horse.

all engine generate alot of heat. bet the underbonnet temps of mines is alot higher than the 1.1 pug. its not just the hot air that causes the issues with the lose of power its also to do with pressure and resrtictions with air flow. panel filter will give you a much better spread of power throughout the rev range rather than just a little at the top and a lose down low.

for carbs i think its just a replacement filter not sure if you can get an induction kit for them. unless your going to bolt a hose directly onto the carb itself and use reducers to increase the size up to around 76mm to fit a universal cone

Yeah just make your own it's not too hard I did it on my mates mk1 golf 1.8 carb engines

and from what research I can find panels filters are good but only if the rest of the standard induction system is.... I would just replace some of the resrictive induction piping with some bigger bore stuff (not too big though) and with less bends you will probebly get more gains and it will cost less

Last edited:
Does it have a donut shaped air filter? If so there are a few replacment options around that flow better than the OEM paper does but in a 1.1 I doubt you'll even notice the difference.

I think we missed the question here, he doesn't want gains he wants a better noise, k&n do bolt on carb filters, just measure it up and see what they can offer you, it will sound a bit better that way, if you are after gains though webber may do an uprated carb kit for your car