what hub socket size

Spottyman2010

Car
1996 Audi A4 2.6 v6
hey my cv boot splitted few day ago so i start lookin for buy hub socket buttttttt i not sure what size to order correct size for my audi a4!

Please help to give correct size of hub socket to fit hub nut so i can replace new cv boot. :confused::confused:

A tenner, hardly mega-bucks :bigsmile: Sorry can't help with the size, take your wheel off and measure. Pay attention to how much room you have also, as you may well need a thin-walled socket or have to grind you outer edge of a normal socket down. They are usually very tight too, so you need a big breaker bar at the very least.

this is the guide i used while doing my leon
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138664
i presume it will be the same size socket for the a4?
the only difference i did was i used an axle stand and extension bar cause there isnt much nut to grip onto
you can see in this pic

and i didnt remove the drive shafts i didnt see a need
and when disassembling the cv joint try and take note how they come apart!!!! cause it took me an hour to reassemble them:mad:

hope this helps

cheers for info, i think 30mm to 32mm can fit hub nuts, and of course i knw i need big bar to untight hub lol, i think pay mechanic mobile do tht to save me from wet weather!! lol buy cvboot and give mechanic do it and pay £20 for hour so totally £25 quid for fix, quite cheap than send AUDI dealership! quite expensive!, then after cv boot fixed, i will order new drop link and replace myself cos quite easy job (5years old boy can fix it) anyway