What has JCJB been doing lately ?

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Well the Covid virus had thrown a spanner into the years motorsport so took the opportunity to sell my car trailer that had served me well for many years as I have had to carry 4 inch blocks and 2 additional 4 foot planks to extend the loading ramps to be able to drive my old and new car onto it due to the low front splitter. The Honda is a fair bit wider than the Starion and a much tighter fit in between the guards so had to be very careful loading and unloading so not only is the new trailer 4 inches wider I have now will have a tilting trailer so it has a low approach angle ramp so no need to carry all the extra planks etc and will be much easier to load without an assistant.

It will be delivered this week in time for both the Pittsworth and a week later for the Leyburn sprints that had to be given another date due to the lockdown that prevented regional travel the following weekend.

Picking it up today after having a test fit yesterday before the trailer is being painted and I will need to get it registered and then screw the rego plates on so I can tow it home and load the Honda onto it so the front wheel chocks / stops can be fitted as it is good to just drive onto and having the stoppers in place means that the tow ball weight is always the same.

FYI it is very important that the tow ball down weight is ideally 10% of the loaded trailer weight to help trailer stability as having "the tail wag the dog " is a heart stopping experience best avoided as it rarely ends well. .V(

Have already advised my insurers of the new trailer and have to advise them of the Vin # as well as the rego number.

Last edited:
Hi buddy, how did it go? Smoothly I hope so you can get on with the painting.

Trailer looking good in nice hammertone grey paint with the Honda all loaded on it ready for it's maiden trip today to the Pittsworth Street sprints which is an app 2 hour trip so will let you know about both after I return late Sunday.

Trailer tows perfectly and unloading easier and no danger of leaving anything behind as the fold out ramps are fixed to the trailer and no need for the blocks and extra planks that were needed with the old trailer. |B

Oh I'm jealous! Trailer sounds like a treat congrats! I've been tossing that same idea around with the tilting trailer and am happy to find a car enthusiasts opinion. Believe it is about time to part ways with my iron beast that weighs more than the vehicle on the trailer and the truck towing the trailer combined haha. Congrats again

Just home from another event 2.5 hours away over a highway and some poorly maintained country back roads that are bumpy due to them being on black soil plains and heavy truck traffic but the loaded trailer with the roller rocker load sharing suspension handled it perfectly with none of the tail wagging the dog.

Had the loaded trailer tow ball weight checked and it came in @ 200kg which is almost the 10%of the total of the trailer plus car weights added together that is recommended for good safe stable towing .