What fuel economy do you get

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is your average fuel economy at the moment?

I love summer as I push 52mpg with vpower diesel. My total average since owning the car has gone up from 47mpg to 49mpg, so it's more economical now than it was, probably due to my driving style and doing longer journeys.

The wifelet's Hyundai's on screen readout says she is managing 49.5mpg.

According to my little spreadsheet...
Last year I averaged 23.94mpg
So far this year, 21.46mpg.

I have far more fun in my car than she does in hers :)

Having had to turn to the darkside (diesel) I've become very eco driving conscious. My PD170 engined Golf, remapped to 200ish HP, regularly returns high 50s, low 60s mpg. I play an eco game a lot where I try to get the miles to next fill up indicator to go up instead of down. I do a 24 mile round trip journey 4 times a week and try to hit 70mpg which I do most times. 60 ltrs of fuel will last me 650 miles usually which I think is pretty good. I can highly recommend coasting in gear upto junctions and try to never brake unless necessary and you'll see a big difference in your mpg.

Fuel economy is for my own part, at the absolute far end of the scale in the world of important things to worry about. My philosophy is this; I built a powerful car, if it gets low on fuel and needs petrol then I just fill it up again...simples :)

Fuel economy is for my own part, at the absolute far end of the scale in the world of important things to worry about. My philosophy is this; I built a powerful car, if it gets low on fuel and needs petrol then I just fill it up again...simples
+1