what engine do you recomend for my 1975 viva

handydave

Car
vauxhal viva 1975
I want to fit a modern engine to my 1975 viva. I want to stay with a vauxhall lump would like 2.0 ltr or 2.5 but not sure what vauxhall inline lumps are about.

Hiya mate, you can fit a cav redtop inline using an adaptor plate to fit a ford rwd gearbox, i think you can also use a manta gearbox, my memory's not like it used to be... :)
try a google search see what comes up.

steve

Hi and welcome. I've not seen a Viva in years. Are you going for a sleeper or are you wanting to heavily mod the outside as well?

I have a feeling that all the newer vauxhalls are transverse engines (even the mid mounted VXR 220).

Hi thanks for the reply s. i have been searching the net and most people drop a rover v8 in. toying with idea of doing it but it will mean up ratting drive train, suspension, brakes and fitting a new tunnel in the car. a lot of people fit ford gear to them as well. i would like to keep it all vauxhall if i can but dont know much about the history of vauxhalls or what parts are used on what cars.

would like to give it a mini muscle car look not over the top body work but enough to show has attitude.