What drifting technique do you use most?

last time i did it i removed my foot from the throttle full lock and foot down, then control with opp. lock.

handbrake or shifting the weight is the easiest you can clutch kick it but unless you have a feirce cluth youll keep eating them .then if the clutch is up to it youll start to wear drif shafts boxs and mounts

lol i get called DK in my area car meets and often use clutch kick technique to get the car steady sidewais then the rest is just control on how much power you put to the back wheels .

drop it to 2nd entering a corner accelerator down, push the clutch in and release

i never owned a rwd car, but the buddy left me drive his 180sx
it was wet with a very open corner, so i had a go
it was pretty good too
i guess that was beginners luck

Very easy to get the rear of the W8 out.

ESP off, 2nd gear with revs above 4k/rpm - big sharp turn in and gas it - making sure your very ready to catch it!

Oh indeed it does :D

I got stopped by a chap at our local BP after filling up last week asking "what the hell I had in that car". Exhaust was done with quality in mind - so its not mega loud, but its got a very destinct racey sound.

I've made my exhaust pretty much myself. It's got a standard manifold "for now" Custom de-cat pipe, Standard middle section, And custom rear box. It's not all stainless but it was just a quick custom build exhaust an it does sound great. On idle it burbles like a turbo it's great. I will be ugrading next year though...:D Can't beat a good sounding exhaust system..

The key with mine was combining the sounds of the two V4's. The stock W8 system runs back seperatly from each side of the 'W'. Its full custom pipes from front to rear.

The front huge VW silencers both sides where replaced with much smaller magnaflow silencers. The centre resonators where replaced with a pipe which comes together to combined the exhaust sounds and runs down the middle of the car. They then split back out again to some custom back boxes to finish with 4 slightly larger than stock chrome tails.

Basically gives an 8cyl strum but lets the racey sound the W8 naturally produces (silenced entirely by the stock system) through.

Bet that sound awesome. Mines got 1 box on and thats the rear. The middle section has a bulge in but I couldn't really call it a box. An I think it's a GT middle section cause when I replaced it not so long ago it was quite alot fatter than the 1 I took off. Does really sound nice though. Will be better when I get me new manifold....:D:D:D

hehe cool.

Never had a car until this one that I think deserved an exhaust system to be honest.

We've a multi-story car park here I can't help but park in, for the sheer noise it makes indoors now :)

It's great ins't it. My mums scoob sounds awesome an when we go to the underground carpark I get her to boot it just to hear it and make the dump valve go off lol. So childish but so cool lol :D:D:D

lol Yeah an I've taught her to nail it as well. WHEN she takes it out she'll phone me to tell me she had a race off the lights lol When I'm sat at the side of her i'll give her running commentry on what to do. I make her keep going till just before the redline to change. It's proper funny when Mr boy racer try's his luck an gets nailed lol :D:D:D She's a Mum racer...

Thats awsome.

My mother has a 206 2.0 HDi she refuses to rev above 3k/rpm and refuses to drive faster than 50mph.

lol My mum tried that but I soon changed that lol. Now she loves the odd race. She's a bit slow on the gear change but she's in a scoob she's got the power there to have a slow gear change an still nail whatever Was at the side of her at the lights...

jus tape the button down, instant fly off! lol personally i find feinting is best way, although a good hard throw in an clutch kick does the trick nicely

Last edited by a moderator:
reach the curve, put it in 2nd gear, rev up and release clutch while steering into the curve, then play with steering and throttle.