What do you prefer Front or rear engine?

Aerial Andy944

The Torque Meister
Car
VW Golf GT TDi 200
Just thought I'd get peoples opinions on where they prefer there Porsche engine to be front or rear. I obviously like the classic GT layout front engine rear gearbox and drive. The 924 - 968 series cars seem to be a very practical and cost effective alternative to modern hatches. I picked up a 32" tv, 22" tv, glass tv stand and some other stock from my distributors in my 944 and they were amazed it all went in. Said it was the fastest delivery service I could do, why do I need my van:lol:
I'd also love to have a 928 GTS manual but they still cost a little out of my budget. A technical masterpiece especially it's rear wheel steering and intoxicating V8 soundtrack :D:D:D

Never really got into the 911 scene although it's nice to see the old 3.2s and earlier on the road. 996's are looking good value now so you never know I might be swayed especially as my 9 year old daughter loves them.

So, what models do you have or prefer?

Ther's only one place for a porsche engine, you cant beat the feeling of the car squatting down when you floor it:bigsmile:

It takes about 2 years to get used to a Porsche but when you do you are thorougly hooked on RR setups.

Personally I like the FR setups, they are nicely balanced especially when the gearbox is rear mounted and gives a nice neutral handling. If I were a better track day driver I dare say I might be persuaded to go RR but I am sure I would end up spinning off the road in one.

love the look and feel but big horse power and rear wheel drive is what floats my boat , most fun you can have with your pants on

cant really comment about porsche but the closest thing i have driven that is rr is the mk2 mr2 but that may be classed as mid engined im not sure???? but either way i really didnt like it!!!! it really didnt suit my driving style i lost it on a roundabout when i know i could take it alot quicker (and not loose control!!) in my clio rsi and it used to p!ss my mate of that i could leave him in a 1.8 8v clio when he had a 2.0 16v mr2