What do you like the least about your car?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I've thought pretty hard and I can only criticize the positioning of the brake and accelerator. It is really hard to heel and toe.

Other than that I think it's perfect? (Apart from a minor rattle as the passenger door closes!)

I've thought pretty hard and I can only criticize the positioning of the brake and accelerator. It is really hard to heel and toe.
look at getting a the TT or S3 pedals one of them is bount to have the longer acc pedal.

dont like the wooden interior but its stayin the now uptil i can get the r32 set

yeah its a bit stupid the standard cars get a nice black interior and the sport models get a wooden trim. its not that bad but it does make the car look like it should be drien by a pensioner

for quite a while i hated the ecu light and everytime the same fault (pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve (check d.v.!)) checked the pipes and dv numerous times never found a leak but ever since fitting the forge tip no more light so im a happy bloke again
and the other thing i dislike is the interior door handles i have no idea what they are coated in but i can peel it away with my nail and it looks terrible

No one really has any major gripes then. I guess if you were that dissapointed you'd sell the car and get a new one.

I hate the fact that most people think its my hubby's car :mad:.

Apart from that its so nice i could live in it. Everything about it is just amazing. Took Ben to work this morning and blasted it down the empty dual carrigeway on my way back,:love:

Im not a big fan of the phase 1 fiesta zetec-s wheel that I own.
I much prefer the phase 2 wheels.

Also, I hate how the sterring wheel fades in colour - looks terrible! :(

The only thing wrong with my car, as I am rebuilding it to my spec, is that it isn't finsihed yet :-(

the only thing i dont like about my car is the fuel consumption, and lack of folding rear seats. everything else is brilliant - even though its 20year old :D

Is that cos you are a perfectionist or just too busy?

I am only planning to build it once (apart from when I replace the body with a carbon fibre one) so it has to be right. Very expensive so need to earn money from eBay to pay for it. Home and family keep getting in the way :) Spec has evolved over the years to a point that I am happy with it. However. it has got rather radical which brings its own problems, the main one being everything is bespoke so has to be made which takes time and money ;-( But I will get there, wherever there turns out to be.

I love my car and will not change anything. I changed the 6 CD changer to touch screen multipurpose head (GPS, radio, bluetooth, TV, ipod, sd card reader, DVD player). However, it is soft on the back wheels and I am really thinking of stiffining it (struct bracers).

I love my car and will not change anything. I changed the 6 CD changer to touch screen multipurpose head (GPS, radio, bluetooth, TV, ipod, sd card reader, DVD player). However, it is soft on the back wheels and I am really thinking of stiffining it (struct bracers).

What do you mean by 'soft on the back wheels' and 'struct bracers' ?

What do you mean by 'soft on the back wheels' and 'struct bracers' ?
Hi

I mean when I am taking corners, I feel the backside of the car not firmly on the road. It wants to slide. From reading, some suggestion, to add struts bracers in the back (not sure where) to firm it up or stiffen it. Otherwise the car drives really good and I am enjoying it.

What tyres do you have on the rear? Mate of mine has the GTI-TD and the back grip is phenomenal - to the point where he couldn't pull a 180 handbrake turn!

No the wheels locked up just fine - they dont skid sideways. I think he had eagle F1's which are a soft compound.

Goodyear F1's are phenomenal tyres. But they do wear out quite quickly. Bridgestoness RE-720's were similar. Totally unstickable but dead after 5000 miles.

the colour red, its been resprayed so many times its now every shade of red you can imagine.
But its not too noticeable.

My seats r the favourite part, soooo comfy.

Time to revive this thread! About my car personally the things I like the least is the tappy sounding engine (not broken, they just ARE :confused:) and how crap and slow the electric windows are even from new so after 12-years of wear they are horrific :D

Standard Punto GT's also have awful suspension. Mine doesn't.

The boot is way to small. I'm a musician and run a sound system rental and sometimes I have to take a system to a bar or a wedding and that means that I have to lay all seats down and be the only one in the car with almost no space for me.

Plus I am a few cm short of 2 meters and when I get in the driver seat there is only room for one or two people in the back so they can be comfortable. I also cannot fit my amp or my bass in the car unless there are just two people in the car and that other person is not carrying anything bigger than a mic and a stand for that:(

I hate the lack of power at below 2000 RPM when the Air Con is on on my Tata Marina Turbo Diesel.

Good A/C does sap quite significant power from the engine, especially at low revs.

There are many cars available in the UK which have spineless AC systems. It doesn't impact upon performance but it also does little to cool the interior of the car. Anything with less than a 1kg charge of R134a is spineless in my opinion.

My previous car (Primera P11, 2.0 with auto transmission) felt lifeless at low revs with the A/C compressor engaged, The A/C itself was very effective and kept the interior of the car at a comfortable 21-22 degrees (c) when it was over 40 degrees (c) outside whilst we were hammering across France in the summer of 1999.