What do i need to do next

Rudierudes

Car
Punto 1.2 mia
I luckily got a bodykit real cheap off a mate and my punto now looks really good BUT.
it is only a 1.2 mia so you could say its bark is much louder than its bite. im not to clued up about modifiying a car but i defo need some speed urgently too what would be the best thing to do to it. HELP ME PLEASE lol

Last edited:
I luckily got a bodykit real cheap off a mate and my punto now looks really good BUT.
it is only a 1.2 mia so you could say its bark is much louder than its bite. im not to clued up about modifiying a car but i defo need some speed urgently too what would be the best thing to do to it. HELP ME PLEASE lol

Engine transplant.
Your not gonna get any real gains out of a 1.2 so your best option is to transplant an engine. Punto gt maybe?

Punto gt maybe?

Oh know you didn't!!! lol.

You didn't state the model in your visitor message but I know now. Mia is a Mk2 1.2 8v is it not? You're 24 so shouldn't have much trouble insuring a quicker car for a good price. Another car is the most economical way to go.

However, if you're keen on keeping the car for whatever reason, you have several options. In terms of overall cost and performance gain vs. cost, an engine transplant would be the way to go. HGT engine if you like things easy. The Mk1 Punto GT engine into a Mk2 is possible and has been done before (although not in the UK unless someone is keeping it under wraps). Coupe 16VT and 20VT engines are also possible and have been done a couple of times in the UK on both Mk1s and Mk2s.

Then there's supercharging and turbocharging. Both have been done before on the smaller Mk2 engines.

All depends on the size of your wallet, or your overdraft lol.