What brake pads are the best

.......My current preference is ATE OEM pads all round with ATE discs. THese seem to work extremely well. Surprisingly so that I've not bothered researching anything else................

I also owned a car that had Ate brakes (discs, pads and even master cylinder)
I tried other stuff and even went to a set of genuine Brembo discs but nothing worked better than the o.e. Ate set-up which was also found and supplied by Euro-Car Parts.

I think ATEs relationship with manufacturers is quite a close one. I'm under then impression that they have several grades of pad material which they match to specific cars. Unlike Halfords, who supply parts of the correct size and shape but formulations is one size fits all.

As for the e marking business with aftermarket parts having to work within +-30% of OEM ones frankly I don't want disc and pads both of which might be 30% worse than OEM. That leaves me with potentially only 49% of the original braking ability if we take 70% of 70% !!!!

I keep promising that I'll try something else at some point but the OEM stuff works so well I really have no need to do so.

There's lots of chocie;

Red Dot; Black Diamond. The easiset fitment for my car is the Brembo front calipers and discs from the V6 Coupe model but my mate's Coupe doesen't brake any differently to my saloon.

That is to say that both stop extremely well with the factory setup.