What are birds eating

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Im noticing that a lot of bird strikes are a sort of plaster grey now. It always used to be white but I wonder what the birds are eating?

It is still as hard as ever to get the stuff to come off.

Well after getting a call from a client about water coming into his ceiling from the roof at Christmas, I can confirm that they eat the rubber lagging protecting Air Conditioning pipes :)

:lol: Are you sure you have the right sort of birds aswearing!

We get the nasty grey stuff as well. Either car paint is getting softer or bird guano is more acidic. I do try to rinse it off ASAP but even then you can still usually see a mark where its been.

i suspect if you ask the global warming nutters then this will be the reason, the birds have become stressed and so their excrimant has changed colours!

Sitting in my car on the side of the road, waiting for a buddy of mine to show up. I saw a robin walk from the side of the road right into the middle, look both ways twice, poop, look both ways again, then continue walking across the rest of the road. it's poop was white, just thought i'd share

haha i think he was more worried about someone catching a peek. it was kinda a mischievous look over the shoulder style of street check. :amuse:

Recently bird strikes have looked like semi translucent jelly! I haven't a clue what they are eating but it is still as corrosive as anything.

Bread goes a bit like that when it gets really wet. Perhaps it is Jelly though! Try a little taste and investigate further.