Well, I now know how to drift...

BAD63R

Authorised Trader
Car
MG TF135
I now know how to drift the Scooby lol. Found out last night and it caught me un-aware. Driving along as you do, had a little play between 2 islands (didn't break any land speed record or anything silly) and then I came to the next island. Slowed down as normal, turned onto the island and I noticed I lined the car up wrong and had to let off the steering slightly to stop the car from touching the kirb. In doin this I then of course had to adjust the steering to get the car round the island.

Errrmm, all I can say is, thank god I know how to drift as what happened next was funny. In adjusting the steering I flipped the back end out and left the island nearly sideways lol. I would imagine that it would of look mint from the side lines lol. But as I know how to control a car I was perfectly fine but the initial shock of the back end going round a bend quicker than me was a bit of a suprise lol.

So after that I was doin it on nearly every islnad on the way home. It was good fun as I was gettin her to slide in less than 35 mph on 50 mph road :):):) Good bit of safe fun :)

Bring on the snowy car parks lol!

Last edited:
do you call scooby the impreza? wondering how can a awd car drift? i knew the best cars for drifting are rwd...... well anyways hope you had fun drifting mate.

Yeh the Scooby is an Impreza ;) It's not hard at all to get a AWD car to drift. You just need to know what to do with the back end to get it to drift. I found the easiest way was to turn slowly into the bend and then just snap the steering ever so slightly and that chucks the back end out. Similar to RWD i suppose, with them you turn and floor it, mine you turn, snap the steering a little more and then floor it and voilar, a drift lol.

Yeh the Scooby is an Impreza ;) It's not hard at all to get a AWD car to drift. You just need to know what to do with the back end to get it to drift. I found the easiest way was to turn slowly into the bend and then just snap the steering ever so slightly and that chucks the back end out. Similar to RWD i suppose, with them you turn and floor it, mine you turn, snap the steering a little more and then floor it and voilar, a drift lol.

sounds nice... honestly i take myself for old school, you know, i like more drag, and that's what i've been into always. but this drift is cool to do, and it need more skills.

A good Go-Kart place with karts that are minimum of say 200cc are good for having a drifting practice, just turn into a bend hard, floor it to start the drift and then just control the drift back a staright position ;) Easy to do and a safe place to practice. Or you can just take a RWD on a field of a friend you might know who owns a farm ;) ;) lol

A good Go-Kart place with karts that are minimum of say 200cc are good for having a drifting practice, just turn into a bend hard, floor it to start the drift and then just control the drift back a staright position ;) Easy to do and a safe place to practice. Or you can just take a RWD on a field of a friend you might know who owns a farm ;) ;) lol

man it seems you know how to have fun. well i'll see if i get a chance to give a try on that. sounds nice.

First of all, I myself don't condone any foolishness on our roads!!

Anywho, you can hardly call it a road Waynne lol as it was on private land. Where I live is a bit of hard one to explain. I live in probably the longest cudisac in britain lol. To get to mine you turn off the A5 and drive down what I would describe as a tarmaced lane. Then it's about 2.5 miles long with 4 smallish islands on it and there is only 10 properties in my street. So as i knew the times people where out, this is why I had a little play. The estate I live on has a Rally every year with this road being used lol so it's all good (AS LONG AS IT SAFE LOL!!!)

I value my lisence and life too much to do this sort of thing where there are other road users.

I went to marshall at cadwell park in my mums Scoob an it was great fun going round the track to my post... Like you say a quick flick of the steering an the back end will step out. But it also fun with lift off oversteer the floor it an keep the slide going for a little. Handles like a dream on Cadwell track.....I wanna go round Anglesey next...:D