Well Hello Chaps

baloo

Car
6x6 suzuki
i stumbled across this site by accident but it looks a good place to be.....
my name is Andy im just south of birmingham and always had an interest in all things automotive particularly 4 or 6 wheel drive stuff currently im working on fitting a bmw M47 engine into a suzuki jimny so if any of you know your way round the M47 please shout up thanks Andy

Waynne the admin here and I would like to personally extend a sincere welcome to TorqueCars. I apologise for the delay in responding; I've had a really busy period recently, but I believe I've caught up now.

What's your budget and what are you aiming for?

I'm certain you'll fit right in, and I'm looking forward to talking cars with you.

I enjoy the idea of this project, and I'm a big fan of automotive variety in whatever form it takes from cars to project ideas.

What modifications have you previously made, and which ones would you recommend? Is there anything you'd want us to write about on our main site? - The feedback we get from our members has a significant impact on the research and information we produce.

We have a wealth of information on our website and in this forum, so don't be shy about asking questions or sharing your own experiences and insights. We're all here to help each other out.

A lot of people say we're the nicest car community around, and we're always happy to provide a helping hand.

Enjoy your stay with us, post as much as you can, and feel free to ask questions or start new topics and debates. Your thoughts and opinions on our current issues and hot polls are always welcome.

Has our new TV channel caught your attention? When you've had a chance to watch it, please let us know what you think of it. https://www.youtube.com/torquecars

so my project, ive always like 4x4 or 6x6 ive got a couple of russian 6x6 trucks but they are at the big end of the scale and i wanted something more petit :rolleyes: i have a collection of suzukis that i quite like and have decided that a 6x6 is doable, going to base it on a jimny chassis and go from there ... cheers Andy

will probably use an sj body though as the mk 3 jimny body isent my favorite shape and i like the boxy lines of the original sj
for power i want some thing a bit bigger than the original engine as it was never over blessed with power and adding another axle to drive is only going to make things worse

This is inspiring, I can't wait to see your pics.Will you be stretching the rear part of the chassis or just rearranging what's there to get the extra axle in there?

Although I want to use the bmw engine I have I might have to use a mazda or pug engine if I use the vitara gearbox which is the way its heading

chassis came back from dipping and blasting all like new now

Attachments

• thumbnail - 2022-03-10T180856.158.jpg
    thumbnail - 2022-03-10T180856.158.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 4
  • thumbnail - 2022-03-10T180907.786.jpg
    thumbnail - 2022-03-10T180907.786.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 4
I used to own suzuki (hatchback), actually it was my first car. Good luck on your project and awaiting for ready product.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back