weird at first but normal now.

Yugguy

Torque King
Car
Merc C220Cdi Elegan
It's funny how some car things that are commonplace now seemed amazing at first.

I remember in the early 90s having an accord hire car, brand new and lovely at the time, and it had cruise. I remember being amazed at how the car could speed up and down just on a button.

Cruise should be a standard fitment in my opinion. Like Yugguy, I'd driven cars with it occasionally many years ago. Both the cars I've owned since 2005 have had cruise and I use it extensively.

Let's face it though powered steering was an option on high end cars only for some time. Try find a car without PAS now.

Like drive by wire. I doubt the average driver either knows or cares that there's no such thing as a throttle cable these days. I remember snapping mine once and having to use a string attached to the butterfly which I pulled thru the window.

People still don't get ABS, they rarely stamp on the brakes in an emergency and the old not braking on a corner still features in many drivers habits.

re ABS, I wonder if you still get the odd PC Plod giving evidence in court and saying the lack of skid marks showed that the accused had not tried hard enough to stop his car before the accident......

No chance. Police aren't stupid. ABS does leave tell tale marks anyway. They're just broken (rather than continuous) up as brake force is modulated wheel by wheel.

Waynne, unless it's a dire emergency I still avoid braking on corners. Regardless of DSP, ESP, DSC, ABS etc etc it still causes unfavourable weight transfer which is uncomfortable at best.

Waynne, unless it's a dire emergency I still avoid braking on corners. Regardless of DSP, ESP, DSC, ABS etc etc it still causes unfavourable weight transfer which is uncomfortable at best.

If you have to brake in a corner you have not braked enough prior to the corner, establishing the fact that you are not looking far enough ahead and should consider further driving training :)

If anything you should be accelerating out of a corner, not braking through it.

IF you must brake in /into a corner then the sequence is brake first then turn as to turn then brake may lead to a spin/loss of control.

On winding roads with limited forward vision do not accelerate out until you see the exit.

If you have to brake in a corner you have not braked enough prior to the corner, establishing the fact that you are not looking far enough ahead and should consider further driving training :)

Steve you may change your thinking when you read this;)

http://driver61.com/blog/how-to-trail-brake

Power windows and air conditioning, can't be without them now, still drive with windows down but air con makes life so much nicer here in the tropics :)

Power windows and air conditioning, can't be without them now, still drive with windows down but air con makes life so much nicer here in the tropics :)

We dream of weather like yours and only wish it was here in the UK ;)

Know this :) but let's not confuse the poor
Steve you may change your thinking when you read this;)

http://driver61.com/blog/how-to-trail-brake

Know this :) but let's not confuse the poor common or garden driver, they have enough trouble steering let alone something as complicated as this.

Thankyou. Most advanced driver training has less to do with manipulation of controls (or perhaps 'pedipulation' when referring to foot operated ones) than it has to do with observation and thinking. Mechanical (pedanical ???) input is secondary.