weight shaving!

frizz16

Wrench Pro
Car
vw polo mk4 1.4 8v
i am currently working on puttin my car on a diet. i have read through the weight reduction artical on hear and ive done most of what said to do. ive got perspex on order to replace the glass. just wounderd if anyone had anymore ideas to help me save weight???

thanks

How far have you gone and how far do you want to go?

Perspex is fragile and brittle, you should really use polycarbonate such as Makrolon or Lexan as this is very tough and I have used this as a screen on my hotrods, virtually bullet proof! However the downside is cost!

well im using the car for everyday use at the mo. but early next year im buyin a new car and turning the one ive got now into a track car for a bit of fun.

ive taken all the back seats out, back door panals and headlining. im goin to buy some new frount seats when ive got time and the money. just wondering if there is anything else i can remove or do for next to nothing??

i am currently working on puttin my car on a diet. i have read through the weight reduction artical on hear and ive done most of what said to do. ive got perspex on order to replace the glass. just wounderd if anyone had anymore ideas to help me save weight???

thanks

Have a look at this thread in the drag racing section. Pretty much covers it, I think.

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f54/weight-shaving-5343/

Are you going to fully cage it? If so I would cut out the inner door skins and fabricate double door bars that enter the doors.

Dashboard and make your own basic pod.

Using a 2" holesaw you could drill a few holes in specific places but not areas of strength!

Lighteight racing seats and alloy side mounts.

Lightweight alloy wheels.

Heater system, air-con etc.

I've done a fair few over the years, so you may be well on the road by the sounds of it.

light weight bat maybe reposition for better weight eat less chocolate :D oh and de handle boot badge new mesh grille lol you can go to crazy lenths light weight flywheel driveshaft lol....

light weight bat maybe reposition for better weight eat less chocolate :D oh and de handle boot badge new mesh grille lol you can go to crazy lenths light weight flywheel driveshaft lol....

If you are going to do it, crazy is the only way to go if you want to see REAL results.