weight shaving

Havent had time to read the whole post but an acid dip of the whole body before the roll cage goes in will thin the sheet metal. sounds stupid but a motorsport lecturer of mine mentioned it once as a unofficial method (not legal in most motorsports but still used). Wouldnt know where to get it done though.

The roll cage should ofset the losses in torsional stiffness.

Jeez - just spent the last 10 minutes reading all this.

I think I am far too much of a comfort buff to even consider these extreme weight saving tactics.

Jeez - just spent the last 10 minutes reading all this.

I think I am far too much of a comfort buff to even consider these extreme weight saving tactics.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a poof too in that respect and like my comfort. Nor am I sure what the family would think if they had to ride 230 miles to North Devon in a stripped out racer with no seats!

My car is lively enough as it is for road use.

But these guys are preparing track cars with performance as the absolute goal so it has to be endorsed.

I doubt any of 'em will be conducting 500 mile round trips in these cars. (OK, round and round a track, but that's for a very different purpose).

:lol: I've recently drove from wolverhampton to Winterton on sea (200miles) & back. I can't say the drive was relaxing (especially when 70mph is just under 4000rpm!) fun though! :bigsmile:

i used to use mine daily befor the big bang and when it comes back i'll use it as much as i can. obviously if im on a track day it will be trailered just in case of breakdowns etc but static shows it will be driven too, that can be a good couple of hundred miles. its the only time youll ever get shaken to bits rattled the crap out of but still smile at the end

i used to use mine daily befor the big bang and when it comes back i'll use it as much as i can. obviously if im on a track day it will be trailered just in case of breakdowns etc but static shows it will be driven too, that can be a good couple of hundred miles. its the only time youll ever get shaken to bits rattled the crap out of but still smile at the end

A very very big smile at that. :D