Waynne's new car

Getting a new car to replace the A3

It is a .....

wait for it.....

it's quite long.....

Audi A4 Avant 2.0 T FSi Quattro S line Limited Edition with 18 inch RS4 wheels, Full leather interior and dual zone climate control.

It looks good in a very dark grey and the Chrome around the grill has been blacked out. Front brakes are drilled, grooved and vented as standard.

0-60 7.1 Seconds 31 mpg! And it is a Quattro so it will have really good handling, the test drive was a sheer pleasure.

I take delivery on Friday, I can't wait and all pics are pre the final valet and preparation.

Attachments

• mediaCA2DUWQS.jpg
    mediaCA2DUWQS.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 38
  • mediaCANQWLKU.jpg
    mediaCANQWLKU.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 49
  • mediaCAWMIZOY.jpg
    mediaCAWMIZOY.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 39
  • mediaCATTOW07.jpg
    mediaCATTOW07.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 44
  • mediaCA93RBUH.jpg
    mediaCA93RBUH.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 189
Shocking legroom for such a massive thing isn't it. How tall are you? If my 6ft 4 mate is driving his and/or I am in the passenger seat (6ft 1-2) anybody in the back is well rammed in lol.

Tis not too bad really, two 6 ft plus occupants front and rear will fight for space. The Passat or A6 were the only cars I saw that could cope with that.

Sadly most other cars we tried were even worse. The Lexus IS200 has less room inside than our rather cramped A3 and was bigger on the outside than the A4!

I'd happily sacrifice some of the massive boot space for passenger space, sliding rear seats would have been a big plus.

Got my K&N Air filter today so I'll be dropping that in and see what it does to performance MPG! Not expecting much TBH though.

He's sneaking bits in gradually so 'er indoors' doesn't spot anything ;) Not that I have done this myself :p

I have a responsibility to trailblaze the world of performance mods! So a filter seemed appropriate! More to come, as well. I've got a magic tree air freshner to add as well later on.

He's sneaking bits in gradually so 'er indoors' doesn't spot anything ;) Not that I have done this myself :p

You're not wrong there! :lol:

I'm still thinking of a ploy to get my lightened flywheel...................I know I need a new clutch.................oh what's that? Darn it the flywheel has hairline cracks in it................ho hum I'll need a new one. :amuse:

Too right! I've just put in the filter and actually seem to be getting 2mpg more! I'll see if that was a one off but it will be nice to know i'm saving fuel! (as well as enjoying a more free breathing top end.

You would not believe the crud that came out of the filter box, it was like someone had shoved a handfull of leaves and flys in there.

Hi Waynne! long time, hope things have been good :)

nice car! very swish :p

you've inspired me to keep saving, and perhaps give VAG the benefit of the doubt and scuttle back to them one day (remember that awful polo i kept posting about on TC years ago lol:rolleyes:

I do remember it well, I think the gearbox was the last straw for you.

I'm very happy with it. Have a look at the insurance on the TD versions - I think you'll be surprised.

chips and a nice side order of drunkeness trying to show off to people :p now that would be a mouthful lol

:lol: I wish! This site is barely covering it's costs, let alone my time input! I had a good year in the web design business, actually a good few years plus I've been saving really hard since we got the A3 (about 7 years).

Just read this post. Nice motor. Tell the good lady that with all the money you save from the fuel efficient performance that you'll be able to take her out to dinner more ..... :eek:

Just read this post. Nice motor. Tell the good lady that with all the money you save from the fuel efficient performance that you'll be able to take her out to dinner more ..... :eek:

With the amount of fuel the Beast drinks I can barely afford to take the missus out to Mc D's for a Happy Meal :sad2::lol:

Nope - I don't drink smoke or gamble and instead I save up! We are also living in a cardboard box under the railway pass though!

Very nice family friendly motor what packs a punch being a Quattro I wouldn't buy it solely because it is an estate but its a nice motor fella

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back