Waynnes back from the Peak district

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Hi all I'm back from my holiday. I hope you all missed me and were playing nicely whilst I was away!

I had almost no Signal on my wireless broadband and to top that off I dropped my laptop and It now overheats so I couldn't get online.

I am suffering from TorqueCars withdrawl but the shakes are subsiding.

Anyhoo what a great set of roads they have in the Peak district. The A6 has some really nice bends. Why though they've made it a 50 limit I'll never know!;)

We stayed near Bakewell and did Matlock, Calver, Bakewell etc. It has really refreshed me and I'm so glad I got new front tyres. I think I needed them!

Glad you had a good time Waynne. I've replied in the general chat thread about the A6.
Matlock is lovely on a nice day. Always packed with bikers.
Good to have you back mate.

:lol: There's always one. I suppose I should set a good example and punctuate correctly.

Sometimes you have to know the hill and your gears intimately, and I see too many "weekend drivers" to know the chance of that! (Think thats the reason for all the 50mph limits these days).

I know one near me, on a notoriously dangerous road, where it's 50mph at the top and 30mph with a sharp right hand bend at the bottom. I normally start to descend at 40mph in 3rd in my work wagon, it would still hit 50mph then I'd have to brake it back to 30mph to negotiate the bend. Took me a few weeks to figure that one out, even though I'd use it at least once every 2 days.

Oh Don't get me started on the weekenders. The little "sensible cars" covered with AA, National Trust, RAC and I've been to .... stickers and with a driver wearing a peaked cap!