Waynnes A3 4 hour cleaning ordeal!

Car was really dirty - I forgot it was Purple!

The bug spray I used was rubbish - it left marks in the paint. Instead I used a halfords colour restorer which is a bit like t-cut but a lot milder. Rather than rub hard -wipe on and off and it took off the tar as well leaving lovely smooth paint.

There were a few scuffs on the wing etc... so I used T-Cut to remove these.

The alloys looked like they were black and dark grey!

After washing the paint still had steaks so I used a shammy.

Alloy wheels got a thorough washing over.

I then scrubbed the alloys and use CITRIC acid on the areas which were badly soiled.

The washed bonnet looked good but not a deep shine and there were still swirls in the paint.

On with the Meguiars Tech Wax (available in our shop!)

The finished bonnet - lovely deep shine with no paint swirls.

Last edited:

Wheels came up great and were very satisfying to do.

Another shot of the finished car - its getting dark - time for bed!

Glad I'm not the only one then! How long did you take?

Welcome to TorqueCars Tools - I hope you enjoy your time here.

Thanks man, I'll be trying some of that Meguiars Tech Wax, I have a few wee surface scratches living on the black roof of my 03 cooper S that I want rid of.

:) not really but I will be dealing with them soon!!
I might even post a picture of it when I'm done, hopefully it'll come up like new:cheesy:

Thanks man, I'll be trying some of that Meguiars Tech Wax, I have a few wee surface scratches living on the black roof of my 03 cooper S that I want rid of.

just how do you get scratches on the roof of your car?? an dont say low bridges there are none as low as a mini :/

I'd love to see the picture tools99.

Stevo9 All paint gets little swirls and scratches and most of that is down to bad cleaning method.

tools99 - Mini's roof issue

Can't work out how to attach a pic.....it's ask's for a URL instead of Browse.....

A tip which I heard from a reliable source: To clean the body of airplanes from bird stains they use 7up, and it works never tried though.

Cant believe that you spent 4 hours cleaning your car mate :D hehe great job Wayne and i might need to get one of that wax,really impressing.

I normally just do a quick once over but I thought it would be nice to be really thorough and see what it come up like and I must say I think it was worth the effort.

In the last few days it has got dusty but as soon as the rain arrived it washed away and is now as clean as when I first washed it. :D

Make sure you park in a car park or basement whenever you go in case the rain spoils your effort. hehe

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back