Water in my 2013 Citroen C1!

carl1968

Tuner
Car
RS6 c5
I brought this (it's a personal lease car) for my Son when he first passed his test as it was the cheapest way to get him on the road, My Daughter passed a couple of weeks ago and is also using the car to get out and about as they do.
Anyway spoke to her last night and the passenger side of the foot well is wet after all the rain we've had and after doing some research on the net have found water ingress to be a common problem for this type (C1, 107 and Aygo). It's only 18 months old and looks like the passenger door seal is not holding up, have emailed the dealer, no reply as yet and would expect any work like this to be undertaken under warranty. Will keep you all posted on how things go, meanwhile anyone else had a similar problem with these types of cars?.
Thanks
Carl

I had this on my SAAB 9-3ss twice. It was leaves stuck in the drain hole under the scuttle panel. The water cannot go anywhere then except through the exposed pollen filter under the scuttle panel and thus through into the heater fan and then onto the passenger footwell carpet. Just a thought buddy, it might be worth checking yours as it is something you could be doing now.

Just to give you some ideas my Leon is prone to wet footwells the main causes are as t9 just pointed out booked drain holes in the bulk head, seals around the ancillary panel this isn't actually the door seal but it can be spotted by opening the door and if the sills have a build up of water this usually points to this fault (this was done under warranty;)), and the pipe to the rear washer jet breaks or comes lose

Hope these common faults on mine help you diagnose yours!

Thanks Guys, will check all the drain holes are clear once I get home, Just spoke to my Daughter and she says that no further water has got in so good news so far, not heard back from the dealer yet but would expect something tomorrow. Will update again once I have some more news