Water free cleaning spray

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Has anyone used a water free cleaning spray. You rub on, buff off and get a nice shiny finish?

I'm very skeptical but tried one today and it worked quite well, I didn't have streaks, or need to shammy off the car and it is about as much work as applying a good coat of polish.

Ingrained bird lime took a lot of effort when it would have been easier with water but overall I'm quite impressed.

I wonder how long the nice shiny paint will last though. We'll just have to wait and see.

I have tried and it worked ok. I think it's main use would be At a car show where ther is no water.

I was using it at the Bromley pageant and the son of one of the other guys on the stand (who is eight ) said . That's clever I'm going to tell my dad to save some water next time he cleans his car .

From the mouth of babes................

I use Meguiar's Ultimate on my Corvair. When I want to clean it and it is mostly dust, I use their Ultimate Detailer spray. It goes a long way and has managed to keep my paint like new for more than 5 years. Just keep turning your microfiber towel.

1960_Corvair_rear.jpg

1960_Corvair_700-Richard.jpg

I'm glad it's not just me using it then. I'm pretty much sold on the idea but not sure how it will cope with thick winter mud.

I think you would need a lot to saturate and remove mud. The trick, as I saw on a video, was to wipe with a rolling motion upwards, but you still need to saturate the dirt to lubricate it against the paint.

That is why I don't do it all the time.

Yes, I have used Showroom Shine. If I've not used it for a while, then the car is cleaned the conventional way, and then the Showroom Shine applied. It does work surprisingly well.

More recently I've tried a different brand. It's much thinner, but does an adequate job, but doesn't leave the paintwork quite as shiny or as smooth & frictionless as Showroom Shine.

I use triplewax waterless wash and shine which does a good job and leaves a nice finish.
If the car was filthy i would jet wash the normal way.