Wassap Peeps

AngelOreo19

Car
Toyota 86 Base
Hello peoples,
Lil ole me is from British Columbia in somewhat cold Canada :p I drive a 2019 Toyota 86, sadly she is a base model. Perks to her is that she's a blank canvas, MODS GALORE (or whatever my slim wallet can afford hehehe). To date I have added a TRD Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Fr and Rr Sway Bars, and Invidia Equal Length Headers. A little stumped as to what mods to do next to increase power (not much of a show car enthusiast, though I still appreciate a clean looking car) any suggestions?
Also I refer to my 86 as a she. I've named her Oreo and she's an angel :D

Hello and welcome Canuck |B

If you track the 86 then a set of spare wheels with semi slicks will help lower your times and a bolt on supercharger will shorten times between the corners.

I see that you have made sensible improvments to your car but have you considered improving the driver so I would advise getting some additional driver training as well that will help lower times on track days if that's your intention.

I have a FN2 Honda and had a close battle with 2 86's at my last track day.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome Canuck |B

If you track the 86 then a set of spare wheels with semi slicks will help lower your times and a bolt on supercharger will shorten times between the corners.

I see that you have made sensible improvments to your car but have you considered improving the driver so I would advise getting some additional driver training as well that will help lower times on track days if that's your intention.

I have a FN2 Honda and had a close battle with 2 86's at my last track day.
As a matter of fact I do track my 86 (it's been a hot minute though due to Covid). I do have a separate set of wheels, currently running Continental ExtremeContact Sport 225/40R18, I find much more stickier than the Prius aka Michelin Primacy's that come on the car stock :lol: I am hoping to get back to tracking soon just for the heck of it. Track days are so much fun, especially in a community that loves the drive :D

I have the same size tyres and have Nankang AR1 "s and find them quite long wearing despite the 80TW rating and they don't seem to have any nasty loss of grip habits. Love track and event days so I can get my speed fix in a safe place.

Good question s I rallied a Datsun 1600 in the 70's then autocrossed 1800cc twin Webber carbied Gemini (Opel Kadett coupe) and sold that for an 85 Starion that I bought in 92 after and about 10 or so years started to enter road events in that and sold the Starion that I had modded from a 2.0 8V SOHC with 120 hp ATW over to a 2'3 DOHC MPI with 380 HP ATW and sold it last year to buy my 2011FN2 Civic Type R a model that may have not been sold where you live so have enclosed a link for pics from it's first competition outing where I managed to get 2nd in class.

Oh man my inner car girl is squealing in happiness. I love the car choices <3 All of the folks out in my car community have so much more experience than me, and it's so much fun when they give me tips and tricks on autocrossing events. I was really bad for flooring it on turns, took me a while to learn to ease off the gas, and floor it once out of the turn, it helps so much when they ride along and guide you. So many people have different methods of teaching with various results, and I would love to hear how you track and what you do to adjust before the next run for a better time :)

What's not to like about a girl that loves cars <B
Your 86 is a RWD so you need to look where you want to go and not @ what you don't want to hit.
Look further ahead
Learn to trail brake.
When powering out of corners and you know that the back will get loose /Oversteer you need to be proactive and be starting to counter steer a nano second before you hit the gas ( you need to know what it will do when hitting the gas when exiting a corner) and that will minimize the looseness /or how far the rear end steps out and lead to a faster time
Smooth is fast |B
PS just pipped a couple of 86's @ my first track day after restrictions were loosened.

Makes sense about the braking, I've learnt the hard way about how my tail end reacts on brakes and turns on high speeds.
I've had a couple of track bros make me drive the 86 on maintenance mode (traction and stability off) and might I say, so much harder to handle, but that much more fun.
I'm eager to start tracking again when I get the chance, I will definitely be incorporating those tips on my next track day.
Thank You :D

I also turn off the electronic gizmos when tracking my car and I think that it's great that you have them OFF when tracking the 86 as that will give you a better feel for what happens when braking and in the turns BUT highly recommend that they be left ON when on the streets where there are more distractions and poorly trained people coming at you from all directions behind the wheel who actually think they are "good drivers" .V(

FWIW I believe that all the electronic safety features in a modern car are great for safety BUT I think that they lead to drivers thinking that they are way better than they actually are.

Last edited:
Very true, when I used to have the Michelin Primacy's, my tail end would kick out further vs the new Contis, I see that I stick to the track better even on maintenance mode. I do tend to keep safety's on when daily driving (I've seen far too many close calls than I'd like to) luckily I've been raised by parents who both drive for a living, Dad being a semi-truck driver, and mom a school bus driver, so road safe lessons have been instilled. Though every once in a while I do sit back and wonder why people are always in a rush :confused:

Two years ago I thought I was the best driver in the world, because teenage mentality. Now I let others pass me because I enjoy the cruise more than getting to the destination :D

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

They did indeed fit catalysts on these, they work in a similar way to a car but work at lower temps.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Just wanted to say hi and welcome, it's good to have you along and I found this thread an interesting read.

Did anyone notice in 2 pics in my post on the 16th that the drivers door mirror was folded back due to gently "kissing" one of the 600kg hay bales?

It happened in the school chicane that is a left into it and left out followed closely by a 90 right into the final straight a part of the track that I love and look forward to each year as it is a great event with thousands of spectators over the 2 days.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back