warranty mods

envious

Wrench Pro
Car
VW Polo 1.2 TSI
anybody know of any mods i can make that will not effect the warranty. I have already bought some new panel air filters and i know it wont make too much of a difference but every little helps eh?

Only make mods that are completely reversible so you can switch them back if needs be. You may want to read the small print, but I'm pretty sure any mod will void the warranty (if they find out).

Only make mods that are completely reversible so you can switch them back if needs be. You may want to read the small print, but I'm pretty sure any mod will void the warranty (if they find out).

it's hard to reverse the mods when you're in A&E and the car is taken by the police to a secure compound,

haha very true. well its a brand new car so i wont be doing anything to it for a while. however the engine on the car is amazing and would easily let me get out possibly 180 out of the car without changing the turbo and supercharger combo :)

Usually, if the car manufacturer that you are using has a tuning/aftermarket affiliation with a particular trusted partner, then you should have no problem at all; i.e. Hirsch performance products fitted onto a Saab will not invalidate the warranty. Does VW have such a link with some one?

not got the jetta anymore got the polo 1.2 tsi :D but im not to sure tbh probably about time i got in touch with them eh?

VW has gone turbo mad lately. Look at the Skoda Superb which can be had with a 1.3 litre unit. It's very impressive too.

You'll get good results from an ECu remap.

I would wait until the warranty is out. You could ask your dealer though. Some, surprisingly, are happy to accept a sympathetic remap within the warranty period.