Warning Buzzer

aworsley4

Tuner
Car
VW Polo 1.0L
Hello all, another problem with my 1.0L Polo. The warning buzzer that sounds when the lights are left on with the keys out of the ignition has stopped working. Just wondering if anybody had any idea where to locate the damn thing. Any help much appreciated!

i dont know about your mk3 but on the mk4 it will be the micro switch in the drivers door. a common fault on the mk4! you just need to fnd out if the mk3 had micro switches. sorry cant help you on that 1:(

Have you checked to see if the courtesy light comes on still when you open the door to narrow it down to a faulty door switch or just a faulty buzzer? As the car is a 99 model maybe the buzzer has had enough. They do make seperate cheap and easy to install headlight warning kits on the Bay Here

Good point t9!
Forgot that bit of info:(
Also see if your door has a push switch for the courtesy light. If not it will have a micro switch in the door panel.

Thanks il have a look but yeah the courtesy light still comes on i think its the actual buzzer itself, id have given up after 11 years lol

just bought a whole new switch unit (kinda good this happened cos im gonna get the soldering iron out and change a few leds to blue :) ) let you all know how it goes on

just recieved the light unit but waiting for the leds to arrive before i get the old solderin iron out

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back