WANTED-engine/box & running gear

stamford

Pro Tuner
Car
MG ZS200
I've decided to go back to grasstrack/oval racing and shall be building a mid-engined Citroen AX. I have decided against a 2.0 VTS as I don't want fwd, had enough of racing fwd and fancy a change to rwd and some fun!

So, I am after something to plop in the back, doesn't need to be exotic as power to weight is more important. So I can have turbo charged up to 1751cc and anything up to 3500cc nasp.

I was contemplating an MG/F as I was offered one and could have used both front end and rear subframe but he was asking too much for it.

I have a few ideas, just wondered if anyone knew of someone breaking a car up that could be useful or had some parts I could start collecting for the build? Ideally lightweight and easily tuneable. I did have a spare V6 from my old Calibra, but that is way too heavy!

I'm based in Hampshire, just outside Portsmouth.

Thanks.

based in central scotland so a bit of a trek. if 4wd note allowed also have a 1.8i zetec (that hasnt been run for sometime, just sitting in the garage with all the ancillaries) and possibly the guy that has the 4x4 sirerra also has a 2wd cossie engine and box but would need to check on that one.

based in central scotland so a bit of a trek. if 4wd note allowed also have a 1.8i zetec (that hasnt been run for sometime, just sitting in the garage with all the ancillaries) and possibly the guy that has the 4x4 sirerra also has a 2wd cossie engine and box but would need to check on that one.

That sounds expensive! :D

I've decided to go back to grasstrack/oval racing and shall be building a mid-engined Citroen AX. I have decided against a 2.0 VTS as I don't want fwd, had enough of racing fwd and fancy a change to rwd and some fun!

So, I am after something to plop in the back, doesn't need to be exotic as power to weight is more important. So I can have turbo charged up to 1751cc and anything up to 3500cc nasp.

I was contemplating an MG/F as I was offered one and could have used both front end and rear subframe but he was asking too much for it.

I have a few ideas, just wondered if anyone knew of someone breaking a car up that could be useful or had some parts I could start collecting for the build? Ideally lightweight and easily tuneable. I did have a spare V6 from my old Calibra, but that is way too heavy!

I'm based in Hampshire, just outside Portsmouth.

Thanks.

You know you want my Primera engine...;);):lol::lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back