want to put a red top in my corsa b

hey and welcome. im certian courtney used to sell the kits, mounts driveshafts etc

would be an idea to rebuild the engine as they are getting old now

What is the model number of the redtop engine? I think you will also need some different CV joints.

Which gearbox were you planning to use on this?

no worries now gave the car back engines screwed up :embarrest: tinkin of puting a c20let in now tho
its not a cheap engine conversion compared to the c20xe and the f28 boxes are expensive for a good 1. you can use f20 boxes but even a standard let will kill these with a bit of ragging

its more or less the same just has a turbo on it.
not quite mate there is alot more fabricating to accommodate the ic, oil cooler and some have had to move the rads to
nod.gif

not quite mate there is alot more fabricating to accommodate the ic, oil cooler and some have had to move the rads to
nod.gif

Bah, that's nothing though is it. A couple of brackets here and there and maybe two new holes for the rad if you're unlucky lol.

Still, both have been done to death, how about something with a little bit of excitement about it. One of the newer Vaux engines perhaps.

What about dropping a V6 lump into your corsa ;) You only need the brackets and an F18 or F20. The F20 is actually a very strong gear box and wont go as easy as mentioned above. I had a F20 for a bit in My vectra when I did the turbo conversion and had no problems what so ever. I change this from an F23 for the shorter ratio. The C20LET engine will not do veryt well in a corse or nova for that matter as there is too much power to try and get down on the tarmac. Unless you were going to spend out mega buckas and find somewhere that can make you a set of equal length shafts and a LSD, then you'll be goin through tyres like no-ones business. The red top and the turbo have well and truely been done to death now. So why not think along the lines of something that hasn't been done or hardly ever done. Theres one that i'd love to do if money was no object. Take a Vauxhall Tigra (old shape), cut it straight down the middle and put back together with 3 ich spacing so the whole chassis is wider, then fit a 4x4 system on short rear shaft from a Cav or Calibra turbo, then drop a 3.0 V6 with a 6 speed F28 ;) All can be done for £1500