Want to do a H22 manual conversion..need advice!!!!

3FNLUD3GUY

Car
1999 Honda prelude
Hey guys.
I'm new to all this so forgive me.anyways..
IV got a 99 Honda prelude vti r,auto.
I was looking at converting to a manual.seen some manual gearboxes around but didn't want to get one I know nothing off and slap it in,and next thing you know it's slower or efd up cos it was the wrong choice(just saying lolz)so i wanted to get more infos on gearboxes before making that move.the engines a h22.
Any Help is appreciated...

That's not going to be an easy job. See if you can get yourself a Chilton manual and the right tools to pull this one off.

If I recall correctly you'll need a spacer plate behind the master cylinder.

I'VE got a manual for the car and have a friend that's good with cars but he also is kinda new to Honda's.keen to help me though.
We'll I've been doing a little bit of research and I've only got as far as the b series tranny's(a couple) as an option I wouldn't mind.pricewise(probs worth it)
BT I'm unsure of them fitting straight in or do I need other stuff to fit it.
Hard to find info or vids about H22 Trans swap.only engine swap.i don't mind the engine but the auto trans is a bit out of it.
prefer manual anyways.
And I'm also guessing ecu would have to be swapped?
From whichever motor the tranny came from?
Or do I have options.

You could run a custom ECU for the engine, which will allow more tuning options.

Megasquirt, K6 or Motec I believe. This will ignore any auto options or settings the car is currently using.

Getting a full donor car with the engine gearbox and ECU will save a lot of messing around, you can just transplant and drive (after a bit of fiddling and lots of hard work.)

You could run a custom ECU for the engine, which will allow more tuning options.

Megasquirt, K6 or Motec I believe. This will ignore any auto options or settings the car is currently using.

Down under HALTEC seems to be the most popular EMS and MOTEC the best.

HONDATA is a direct plug in to the OBD port and if your model has the port that may be your best option.