want to buy one next year, any tips?

one in a million

Road Burner
Car
CLIO 182 YAY!!
hi i am 21 next year and i have decided i want a honda accord next, can any one give me some advice when looking for one, because i have noticed they do hold there value considering the milage and there age. thanks.

if i buy one i would spend up to 7000 max

im guessing the typr R is out then at 21 you might stuggle with the good old fashioned insurance.

same as a civic stay away from the non vtecs there just not worth it

well i did abit of future insurance quotes on the internet, it worked out £1000 for a 2.2l vtec, so that in my limit of insurance, as thats what i pay now on my 1.4l clio lol. so you suggest to get a vtec engine yeah?

same as a civic stay away from the non vtecs there just not worth it

That all depends on what you plan to do with the car mate. Why buy a top of the range model if you're going to change everything?

For £7000 mate, I would go for one of the older Accord Type Rs. They have the same engine as the Prelude (H22A - DOHC VTEC).

One question though... Why an Accord?

too be honest, i want a car thats A. reliable (i no you cant garuntee it)
B. Something that has good power to pull away
C. Reasonable on insurance
i like the 2litre clios, fto, celicas etc...

What do think? remember this is for when im 21 so dont say something like a lambo lol cant afford it :)

too be honest, i want a car thats A. reliable (i no you cant garuntee it)
B. Something that has good power to pull away
C. Reasonable on insurance
i like the 2litre clios, fto, celicas etc...

What do think? remember this is for when im 21 so dont say something like a lambo lol cant afford it :)

I'd go with a Honda but I'm biased. I wouldn't go for a Clio though. Are you wanting to tune the car? You've got to decide what you want from the car first mate.

ditto unless your going 1xx clio i wouldnt bother.
have you looked to the 1.8t range ? octiavia, golf, leon, a3 these engines are strong providing they are looked after its mainly smaller issue that go on them - mainly electrical

thanks for the replies, funny how not many people like the old 172 clios, i really like them lol thats that out, well i dont know nothing about modifying an engine, but i just want something with alot of torque, but within a reasonable price guide