want my a4 2.4 v6 to have more of a rumble

jsimmonds241

Car
Audi A4 (B5) 2.4 V6
Hi,

I have an 2000 Audi a4 (B5) 2.4 v6.

I just really would like some advice please on how i can make
her rumble, nothing loud or boy racer like just a nice pur, and to turn heads when i put my foot down. i love the sound of v8's but obviously thats out of the question. iv fitted a K&N air filter and that does improve on the sound but not what i was looking for.

any help or other peoples opinions and experiences would be very much apreciated

thanks

nutzracing

Car
mondeo st24 sleeper
hi i work in a garage where we develop exhaust systems it normally consists of manifold cats baffle boxes then back box dependent on sound your after depends which ones you remove i would change back box only first then poss a stainless baffle box mongoose do a lot of stainless oem systems

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I doubt you'll get much of a rumble from a diesel engine, they just don't work the same as a petrol one. The exhausts are pretty large as standard so the only realy gain will be less sound deadening and a deeper tone.

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Hi,

I have an 2000 Audi a4 (B5) 2.4 v6.

I just really would like some advice please on how i can make
her rumble, nothing loud or boy racer like just a nice pur, and to turn heads when i put my foot down. i love the sound of v8's but obviously thats out of the question. iv fitted a K&N air filter and that does improve on the sound but not what i was looking for.

any help or other peoples opinions and experiences would be very much apreciated

thanks

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars! :)

jsimmonds241

Car
Audi A4 (B5) 2.4 V6
Hey thanks for the advice,

lol yeah its a petrol but yh il have a look on miltek.
and sorry is removing the resonators fairly simple job.
Not yet machinically minded yet lol

thanks