Walk towards the light

aworsley4

Tuner
Car
VW Polo 1.0L
Hello all. Just passed my 6N (1999) through its MOT but had to get rid of the old angel eyes to pass :(. Back onto standard lights now and remembered why i binned em previously. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about HID Xenon kits, preferably 8000K and if I would be able to use them. Ive done a bit of research and am even more confused than before. Any help much appreciated!

from what i've heard you can use HiD kits if you have the right lenses to use them with, you can't put an HiD kit on and use standard lenses cause they're not designed for them and won't filter the light correctly or something like that :lol:

HDi fun is the man to ask, font of all knowledge he is (seriously!)

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f56/hid-upgrades-2478/

2 links in there that take you to the dept of transport.

in short they are illegal unless fitted with correct lenses - easy way is if they take anything other than D1 or D2 bulbs then they will have been designed for halogen bulbs (hdi will be along to say lamps rather than bulbs but that confuses alot of people, but he is correct)
you also need to fit auto levelling sensors for the headlights - werent an option on the polo so youd need to try and get a system from another car to fit
and the easiest one for you, you need to have headlight washers fittted

and if your moaning about light output from your current ones id say go for 4600k as 8000 will be blue and give off less light

For the sake of fannyin around ive simply invested in a set of osram nightbreakers, heard they were good. Sellin a set of angel eyes for 6N if interested lol.

My question is why did the angel eyes have to go for the mot?

all angel eyes are is sidelights, so long as they work, and the colour is right, wheres the problem?

Somethin messed up and out of the four main bulbs, they were all lit, including high beam, but only faintly??? Lol somethin went very wrong but it was the actual wiring not headlights themselves.