Waiting room reading

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
In waiting rooms at hospitals, dentist and doctors surgeries what magazines do you usually go for?

I always try to read a car mag but they are generally pretty boring and usually a few years out of date.

i can never find anything decent to read in waiting rooms, i either spend ten minutes fruitlessly looking for a male orientated anything or i take a book with me if i know i'll be there a while,

Even garages or tyre fitters don't put anything out for the car loving customers they get! the last time i went to one they had one copy of Fast Car that was 18 months out of date

Last edited:
Cannot remember the last time I saw a car mag in the waiting room, but OK and Hello magazines are there by the truck load ;)

Anything really. Last time the only literature was a Teletubbies comic.
havent read that in a while is it still a good read???:amuse:

i dont bother with the mags!
come to think of it i dont really go to the doctors in the 7 years ive been in my house ive only been there once. and at my last address the receptionist actually deleted us of there system cause me, my sister, mum and dad hadnt been there for 10+ years:mad: for the dentists i do my 6 monthly check but never need anything doing (he says i need a scale and polish but im not paying for him to weaken my teeth for vanity!

my dentist always has an up-to-date issue of what car ? mag. always a good read. can never afford the cars that are in there but, better than thinking of ways to kill the man for the pain and expense hes about to inflict on me !!!!!!

Erm.....The last time I was at the Quacks I think I was enjoying a nice read on safe sex. I just saw the word sex so natrully homed in. Was a bit disapointed. Its the first mag that I have picked up in a long time with the word sex on the cover, but got to see no beaver inside. :sad2:

Well just for you BBJ, here's a gratuitous beaver shot:

funny-pictures-beaver-is-gratuitous.jpg

Erm.....The last time I was at the Quacks I think I was enjoying a nice read on safe sex. I just saw the word sex so natrully homed in. Was a bit disapointed. Its the first mag that I have picked up in a long time with the word sex on the cover, but got to see no beaver inside. :sad2:

You're not likely to find a Reader's Wives supplement in the doctor's waiting room.
Then again, my GP is pretty tidy. She could offer a few 'self shots'. Not sure if it would help my blood pressure readings, mind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well that didn't take long lol!

If and when I go I tend to take my own mag or paper as they are always tacky and out of date womens mags.

You're not likely to find a Reader's Wives supplement in the doctor's waiting room.
Then again, my GP is pretty tidy. She could offer a few 'self shots'. Not sure if it would help my blood pressure readings, mind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that is the worst thing. You always end up telling them you just want a physical rather than get them to check what was actually wrong with you. You go in to sort out a hidius contagius thing, and come out getting your balls held and told to cough!!! lol :p

I would rather my doc take the Ann Wydocome approch. Then you can tell them everything you want and not care!!!

Nurses on the other hand.......