VXR8 Supercharged 'Carbon'

Danny180

Wrench Pro
Car
206 GTi 180
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone on here owned one of these 'Carbon' Edition VXR8's? I am thinking of buying one and just wondered if anyone had driven/ owned one.

I have taken the Vauxhall Race version out at Billing but obviously that is not road legal. I don't want to be disappointed by the 'watered down' version, particularly as my local Vauxhall dealer will not get one in the showrrom for me to test drive unless I put down some stupid deposit, I'm sorry, I'm not paying 10K for a test drive!

Any advice would be great.

The VXR8's have had rave reviews from everyone who has driven them. The "Carbon" sounds like it is nicely set up.

I would find a Vauxhall dealer with one in stock - if a dealer is not willing to provide a test drive then I always go elsewhere. A 10K deposit is loads - what's it cost then?

This review may be useful to you :-
http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=47&i=17641

I got a discount because of where I work but the Carbon is still 40K. It is 10k more than the 'standard' VXR8 but hey, its got more than 100BHP more, 10k for 100BHP.... hmm, I could do that for cheaper.

Still the styling is different and there are a few little bits and pieces that make it stand out from the 'normal' one.

I did think Insurance was going to be a problem as I am only 21 but I was pleasantly surprised and it is very affordable. Obviously, I won't be using the VXR8 as an 'everyday car', thats what my GTi 180 is for, I'll mainly use it at shows and race days and maybe a bit o' Sunday driving.

I have already spoken to another dealer in Newcastle.... massive drive from where I live but I may have to do it to get the test drive and car I want. I am obviously still looking at local dealers (or at least dealers that are slightly nearer) and I will hopefully be able to report on whether or not I got a test drive by this weekend.

Will keep you updated.

Id be interested to know how you get on. My dad was looking at a VXR and I think he shd buy the Carbon one instead but hes going to take a loada convincing.

Yeah? Which VXR? Corsa, Astra, Vectra, Zafira or the VXR8? My Dad was going to buy a VXR8 but my Mum talked him out of it. Ha, this is why I'm not going to be getting married, I don't care what the missus says, it just isn't happening.:toung:

Not all wives are idea shooters! Theres some good ones out there! That said when your'e single you have more money to spend on cars. ;)

Yes, I do have conceed that Wayne, my missus is actually really into cars so I don't think she would mind me getting one of these.

But, yes, I have been finding that as a single bloke I did have considerably more money than I do now, however, there are several benefits to not being single........ if you know what I mean?????:blink1:

Hmm, very nice. The Monaro VXR is definitely one of the best cars G.M... sorry I mean Vauxhall, have made.
Did your Dad test drive one? They are mental, not as much power as you'd think but still enough to give almost anything a run for its money. In fact, in lower gears, the Monny will trounce even a Lambo Gallardo, I've seen that done and I was amazed, didn't think American Muscle would ever come close to matching Italian panash???

Didnt the Monaro come from Australia originally? It is awesome. He has test driven a RS4 and BMW 3 series. His business partner had a Monaro VXR the 5.7 l one and he had a go of that. He says it ws more fun than the Audi|Bmw and a bit more exclusive.

Technically yes as its a Holden variant, but as Vauxhall are owned by General Motors which are American, hence the US muscle reference. Yes, you don't see many Monny's on the road, in fact, round here, I have seen a total of 2 since the Monny was launched, whereas Beemers, well everyone has one and the Audi's... well, how many do you want lol. You can literally drive down any road in Coventry and there will be at LEAST 4 Audi's on it, no word of a lie.

The 5.7Ltr Monaro VXR is definitely the best monny but obviously I want the Carbon VXR8 because is is unique, its the Top of the range and like you said, it is exclusive, especially as they are limited edition with limited build number so you'r part of a unique club if you own one.:)

Sorry to resurrect this thread,but would like to know the outcome?

Indeed VXL sell the MONARO,but it's built in AUSTRALIA.A big downer is having accident damage,then having to wait for the parts from Australia.

Of course,since this thread started,the evolution of then "8" has gone through the 6ltr,and 6.2ltr variants,and is no longer available as a new vehicle.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back