VW Restoration expert required in Yorkshire area must be competent.

becasbeetle

Car
vw transporter
Hi all

Can anyone reccomend someone please?

I am looking for some help in completing a restoration project.
The project is I believe all but complete, let me tell you the story.

The project was started by a friend of mine but unfortunately he died suddenly having got the body shell to the paint stage.
The body was painted and fitted to the floor pan.
The car remained with the painter who offered to complete it, four years later it is not done.,
I visited the car today and it needs seats fitting roof lining, floor covering,sound proofing, lights fitting bonnet and engine catches bumpers and i guess a few other parts.
It has had all brakes upgraded with new parts a reconditioned engine fitted and has been run, brakes bled etc.
I can get pics etc if required.
The car is for his daughter and needs to be finished but the guy doing it has lost his motivation.
Payment is not an issue we just need it finishing.
There is another beetle to rob parts off and new parts waiting to be fitted inc bumpers.

Any help / advice would be appreciated as it is now causing some distress to his wife who wants to close the chapter.

Please reply via forum posts or pm me for a phone number

Kind regards

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Restoration expert required in Yorkshire area must be goo

Greetings Mark and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

I really would like to see this project finished for exactly the reason that you mentioned. I am hoping that someone comes forward with a good recommendation for you but I shall add a small warning to you!

Please make sure that you talk to any previous customers of the person concerned to assess their worthiness and reliability. Do not just go on a set of shiny photographs in a glossy portfolio as proof of craftsmanship. Arrange planned staged payments per completed cycle of works on the project and visually inspect every aspect of this before you make any payments over to the chap concerned.

I wish you the very best of luck with this project :)

Try contacting this Guy,

http://www.bernardnewbury.co.uk/

His been in the VW scene for as long as I can remember & has won many awards for his cars & interiors not to mention countless magazine articles, he's bound to know someone reliable & competent up your way.

Good luck & please keep us updated. :D

P.S. In order to receive pm's you'll need to contribute 10 posts on the forum, but I'm sure it won't take you long.;)

Last edited: