Vw Polo 6n2 1.8t Conversion ?????

jsingh

Car
Polo
Hi guys, i am new to this thread. I have had a vw polo as my first car for three years now.

Luckily i have also got an audi a3 1.8t S plate which has engine code AGU. 150bhp.

I have the whole car and wish to transplant it into my polo for around 220bhp.

Other than all the parts in my audi. What custom parts and where from would i need. such as drive shafts, ecu - or can i carry over all the ecu and wiring loom over from the audi, mounts etc,.

If anyone has done this or no any other VAG parts that will replace fabricating please could you let me know.

Thanks

Jag

Hello and welcome to the site mate

youll also need another turbo the AGU turbo is a k03 and is starting to get heavily streesed by 200bhp.

why not just drive the audi ? probably be cheaper to drive that than getting insurance for an engine swapped polo.

youll also need to changed the suspension and brakes due to the extra weight as for driveshafts etc cant help you out sorry

Engine mounts are the obvious. VW did offer the Polo with a 1.8T on some years and in some countries. You'll also need somewhere to mount the intercooler - a FMIC is ideal really but I think space in the Polo is limited.

This sounds like an awesome project and I really hope you pull it off. I'd keep the engine standard for now but save a remap for 6 months down the line and you'll have fun all over again.

Thanks for all the replies, just been busy working trying to earn a bit of cash for this.

wayynne, im thinkin the same just start of with 200 and hopefully as i get used to it start tweaking it to 280.

so far, i know that i have the doner car, brakes will be 280mm hi spec motorsport, suspension will either be kw v1, v2 or eibach.

rear beam from gti polo along with all gti hub, wishbones etc. and powerflux bushes.

the ecu will most probabaly be qpeng, as this is the one i know is the cheapest so far.

driveshaftsss ?????????????? someone sell me some lolz

mounts ------ same as above

will keep everyone posted. please note this will be a slow build.

First and basic: What motor you have in your 6n? Because if it's more than that 1L version you can do it, but 1L version doesn't have enough room...

Up to 280bhp?!?! Hardly... Bigger turbo, intercooler, in other words a stage 3 tuning kit for that 1.8T (expensive), then new wheels, tiers (this in particular, couse you'll need all the grip), brakes, suspension: eibach, they are better...... And yes new drive shafts, ECU from Audi (you wont do much with re-map on that motor, only new custom chip, and it wont give you as much as you expect)...

This is very expensive and hard work, you'll need more nerves than money... And still you have a 6n2 polo, the chassis of that car is not very great, and not built for that motor..... If I were you, I would listen to pgarner and just drive Audi!

But that's just my opinion, if you love polos and very difficult tuning go for it! Wouldn't advise it, but hell, you'll have a straight line killer!

Last edited:
You should hit 280bhp with a KO4 and a remap. The 1.8T engines are amazingly tunable without much hassle or problems.