VW Golf mk4 head unit replacement

Calvgraves

Car
VW Golf Mk4 GTi 2.0
I changed the standard head unit to an alpine one and have been told that there is no lead to connect it to the in-dash factory CD changer, is this correct?

Also i have no radio signal now and have read that it is to do with the power booster in the aerial base not working once the original head unit has been replaced, I found an adapter for any golf '03-onwards but mine was made in '02 and can't find an equivalent anywhere.

Has anybody else had these problems??

not sure about the factory cd changer, i ripped it out at the same time as i took out the tape player.

i had issues with the radio as well could get a reception on the stonger stations but not on some of the weaker ones.

I e-mailed an E-Bay seller about the aerial booster and he told me i need a pc5-52 which should now arrive in a couple of days.

I also just bought a jvc double din head unit so im going to take out the changer now anyway :)

yeah the changers not good anyway, it was a pain only having 6 albums in the headunit when i was used to 6 albums on a disc and the alpine changer also accepted mp3s as well .

can i ask how much the new hu cost if you dont mind ?

yeah the changers not good anyway, it was a pain only having 6 albums in the headunit when i was used to 6 albums on a disc and the alpine changer also accepted mp3s as well .

can i ask how much the new hu cost if you dont mind ?

well i got the alpine ida-x001 so i was used to having my whole ipod, not just 6 albums! so was even more painful lol. Also it didnt play my copied cds and i havn't bought a cd for years. The new one is jvc kw-avx710 and got it for £230+£10 postage from ebay :)

was it the gamma unit that was in ? mine played copied discs alright
yeah i can imagine i found 42 albums avalible was enough for most driving.

thats not a bad price then