Vw engine upgrade

bennyboy1985

hi, me and my dad has just purchased a 1974 beetle and after making it abit faster. its got a 1303 engine and we're after putting a 2.1 in. is this possible, a friend said something about changing the headers and valves.. etc. but im unsure? any ideas how we can achieve this?

any help is much appreciated. :)

Ive seen these with all type of Porsche engine upto a 2.2 including some Turbo conversions as well. The rear lid will need raising to fit it all in and help with cooling. Always do as much to the engine as you can with it out of the car cos its a pain to work on it in the car.

Look to Porsche and Skoda parts bins for compatible bits.

Also fit much wider rear wheels to get the power down and get the arches rolled to avoid rubbing.

Welcome to the site bye the way!

waynne said:
Ive seen these with all type of Porsche engine upto a 2.2 including some Turbo conversions as well. The rear lid will need raising to fit it all in and help with cooling. Always do as much to the engine as you can with it out of the car cos its a pain to work on it in the car.

Look to Porsche and Skoda parts bins for compatible bits.

Also fit much wider rear wheels to get the power down and get the arches rolled to avoid rubbing.

Welcome to the site bye the way!

thank you for the info, i will research abit more now. also i have been told i can fit motorbike carbs to the engine? such as ones from a R1 is this possible?