VQ30DE Engine

Car
98 Infiniti i30Base
I am not sure if there already is a thread related, if so my apologies for not posting this there. I own a 1998 Infiniti I30 Base model A/T Transmission, and I am a newb to the scene, especially with the Japan made cars! But can't wait to learn more. My vehicle has 168,309 miles on it, and I've only done an oil change as well as oil filter. I plan on doing a fluid flush and change for all the fluids as well, as I am unsure what the previous owners change intervals were. Performance wise my car is mostly great, small problems here and there like randomly will stall in rare circumstance and will sort of chug while accelerating, but these are all random occurrences and happen once maybe every 500 miles. Other problems are electrical issues, stock bose radio system LED display doesn't work mostly all the time but might turn on for a few minutes when I first start the car, and audio only plays from driver side speakers unless I press on the display head unit. I've noticed as well when i have my lights on and I try to roll down all the windows at once, the odometer lights will dim. I am unsure where these problems stem from yet, although i have gutted out the trunk and noticed there is a wire ripped that connects to the bose system box? (unsure what the box actually does as it's wrapped in tape and velcro ) as well as a plug for the antenna is unconnected and antenna in general is a very weird scene in itself, I can post pictures once I post more. But these are just small things I have noticed so far, besides a huge (I mean HUGE) carbon build up in the engine bay more underneath the engine, and there is an oil leak, not sure from where as the carbon build up kind of coats all possible stem points. I took it to a shop (Big O' Tires) for a alignment about 4 weeks after I purchased the vehicle because the car jerks constantly when i either turn either way, or accelerate and let off the gas. The steering wheel is always turned more to the right when the tires are straight, but the shop had told me My left (Driver side) ball joint is nearly gone, and I think this is true as the left front wheel is easily moveable when the vehicle is jacked up. I have also noticed bad engine mounts wearing out, but am unsure how to fix these issues. Sorry for such a long post lol but in all, these are majority of the issues that I can think of with my vehicle at this moment, I would like to fix the ball joint situation first, but wanted to know if anyone knew any good parts to use? I am unsure if I can replace the ball joint or I need to replace the whole control arm, if so would I be better off changing both lower control arms instead of only one? My fear is changing only the lower left control arm and then down the road the right one goes out, rather change them both out at the same time.