Volvo 850 Performance manifold wanted

mikeyboy123456

Car
850 T-5
Evening all,names Mikey and im a new member and im having a great deal of trouble finding a new performance exhaust manifold for my 850 T5,any ideas anybody as to where I can find 1?

Re: Volvo 850

Hello and welcome. You're going to struggle with that one. Is there much to be gained from a manifold change on a car with forced induction anyway.?

Hi Mikey and welcome to TorqueCars. I guess you are trying to wring out every scrap of power from your 850T. Have you done any other mods to it yet?

There are a few companies around that will custom build a manifold for you. Old-Git had an exhaust made up. Where abouts are you from?

Nice 1 Walter i shall have a butchers at ebay,by the looks of things its my downpipe thats gone so fingers crossed shouldn't need a whole new manifold!

Hello Wayne as of yet I have done no mods other than a new set of xenon bulbs,i bought it two months ago for £600 and im just tidying her up a bit before i start making it quicker. As and when i get the cash i would like to sort a proper straight through exhuast system and then go from there,being as its a T5 and not an R with a LSD what would be the best amount of power to run? I would like to get her around the 270bhp mark i have been told thats quite an unsafe amount but i want more power haha! Me and the car are located in sunny old Essex!

You can never have too much power. For a RWD the traction issue is no where near as much of a problem as FWD. Expect to shred the tyres though, I'd get some fatter sport tyres with a very high speed rating.

The LSD is really worth getting and will make a big difference, even in the wet with current power figures.

First thing first. Get a better braking system than the one that came with the car. The 280mm are too small and unsafe after the T5 is beefed up. AFAIK, LSD is quite dangerous in the wet. I've experience aqua-planing and it was a handfull getting back in control again. Anyway, drive safe.

You can never have too much power. For a RWD the traction issue is no where near as much of a problem as FWD. Expect to shred the tyres though, I'd get some fatter sport tyres with a very high speed rating.

The LSD is really worth getting and will make a big difference, even in the wet with current power figures.
Waynne, the T5 is FWD,

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can get your hands on a manifold off an S60 R it will help, they flow a lot better than the standard T5 manifold. If your downpipe is knackered then why not get one made up with a sports cat?.

If you can get your hands on a manifold off an S60 R it will help, they flow a lot better than the standard T5 manifold. If your downpipe is knackered then why not get one made up with a sports cat?.

Bingo...Because there is so little space to work with unless you go for something custom, the best generally available EM is the R manifold from the 60 series (on other V cars too). IPD sells new...you can get the part # from there and pick up a used one for ~$250US. You may as well do it all while you are in there with the DP. Have it polished and matched for a little extra fun.

Hi parts for volvo are good for tuning and standard bits but u have to look in america for most of the performance bits have u thought about getting a bigger throttle body they help a great deal on the t5

RSI- they are pretty good too. if your only looking for a sub 400hp from the b52, then do that. otherwise if your like me and bulding a 600hp+ brick, hit up www.turbobricks.com and you will find the right path.