Volvo 240 front shocks

B

brianmulh

Hi I have recently bought a volvo 240 GL 2.0lt 1988 model. I'm looking at changing the front and rear suspension and putting on Bilsteins, all I can find on the net in the uk are one saying they are for models up to 87 and was wondering if any one knows if the these would fit on the 1988 GL model.

Brian

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Actually, we do have a modifying guru on here called claymore who has been there and done that with regards to Volvo high performance modifications.

If your lucky buddy, he will see this thread and no doubt will have some pearls of wisdom to pass on to you :D

That reminds me the only car I would recommend for driving in Paris would be a big bumper 240.

Sorry for tread hack. My bad

That reminds me the only car I would recommend for driving in Paris would be a big bumper 240.

Sorry for tread hack. My bad

And it's for this reason alone I will NEVER take the Beast to Paris. Visited several times and commented to others about how close they park to each other. Then one day I witnessed a car push the car in front up so that it could back up and get out. Apparently this is why they leave their handbrakes off :amazed:

Can you imagine if I came back to the Beast one day to see this happening to my baby! :amazed: Trust me on this, you think you can imagine what will happen next, but somehow I don't think so! :-x

Hi I have recently bought a volvo 240 GL 2.0lt 1988 model. I'm looking at changing the front and rear suspension and putting on Bilsteins, all I can find on the net in the uk are one saying they are for models up to 87 and was wondering if any one knows if the these would fit on the 1988 GL model.

Brian
They should be the same. You can try ipdusa on the net for great suspension and info.