Volkswagen VS Ford, Discuss!.............

You get your small fast Ford's and VW's but Volkswagen I think take's the trophey

I generally think new VW's look better than the Ford's... Like this for example...

ford_fiesta_st_01.JPG

I feel looks no where near as good as this...

1158673-vwgolf-W12-concept1.jpg

But I am only basing my theory of Volkswagen's are better then Ford's on looks alone. I hope everyone else that post's goes into the Spec alot mre than I have!

In recent years Ford's build quality has increased massively. To the point that Germanic rivals are no better built than a Ford.

Deciding which to buy is hard now. Over time the used values of Ford cars will improve.

If I was in the market for a new car then I'd struggle to justify a BMW or Audi over a Mondeo.
Ten years ago I'd definitely have suggested German or Japanese over Ford.

I'm not a Vauxhall fan at all. Currrent Vectra is a bone, in my opinion.

Still VW for me! The new Focus RS is amazing but they have, let's face it, created some real ugly cars in the past!

It is pretty close now, Ford have really come on over the years. I still doubt Ford's reliability compared with the VAG group but even that is pretty close to call nowadays!

Ford for me. I've always been a Ford man. They are pretty good nowadays for reliability. But saying that I had a Mondeo Diesel a few years back it was an L reg and was bought from a salvage yard and rear end damage repaired. I think we had it about 10 years and it broke down once.
The new Focus St looks the nuts if you ask me. As does the RS.

I've always been a blue oval fan, but did work selling VW's for around a year, and it is infectious. Interior quality on fords (in my opinion) don't match up to that of VW's, however VW seems to be such a sensible option. Even with cars such as the R32, it never really felt stupid or out of control, no matter how hard you pushed it.

Much easier to scare yourself in an RS.