Volkswagen Passât rust coming through on front Wingfield

glennal

Car
VW Passât Estate
Hi everyone my name is Glenn - I havé à Volkswagen Estate with is 12 years old on thé 10 September - I notice à couple of montes ago that there are rust bubbles on booth front Wings - I took it to a Volkswagen dealer last week who checked thé paint thickness - they confirmed the paint thickness was OK except the front offside Wingfield which was confusing as the wing has thé orinal paint- anyway they sent a report to VW I phoned the garage to find out what is happening - they confirmed thay had received a response from VW but it was bad news - the refered to a bulletin VW issued in 2018 I think which referred to a foam strip between thé wheel arch and and another strip which was trapping water and that is causing thé rust bubbles - my réaction was what has that got to do with thé rust as I am claiming under the 12 year corrosion warranty - the garage said there is nothing further they could do - I asked them for a copy of the bulletin but they refused as the bulletin is protected as intellectual property and therefore cannot be releaed to a third party (what absolute non sensé) - Ithen Iasked for VW,s written response they said they didnt have it in writing - absolutely rediculous for a company of the size of VW - can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of the bulletin is there and other course of action I can take? THANK YOU

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Glad you're enjoying the site, it's taken many years of work to get it to this point, and we keep trying to improve it.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Do you have legal cover with your car insurance? Put it in their hands if you have. You may also have legal cover with your breakdown assistance.

Send a recorded delivery letter outlining your claim and send this to your local dealer and the VW head office, in cases like this you often have to make it more hassle to ignore you than just dealing with the issue under warranty. Better still get a local solicitor to draft the letter for you.

If you were notified of a recall which you ignored then it's down to you but I seriously doubt this has happened.

Hi there and welcome to the site. There is a wealth of knowledge on here, and although you might not get many replies or much off topic banter the tips you get are worth their weight in gold and I would take quality over quantity any day.

I hope you stick around and add your voice to the unique community that only TorqueCars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back