vibration

ozankoy

Car
mitsub cedia 1.5 au
hi a tricky prob hope someone can help[mitsubishi lancer cedia 1.5 auto 2001

i have a problem with vibration felt through the body of the car mostly at the front no vibration at all through steering wheel

the vibration only happens when acelerating from 50mph if coasting at 50 its smooth as soon as i touch the gas it shakes lift of stops at once have new sparks use 98 gas can hold steady speed up to 80mph smooth above 80 mph get a little bit shake have had wheels balanced so recap vibration through body when acelerating above 50mph
thanks adrian

It could be the engine mounts I suppose. Does it do this at other speeds at the same rev range? Try 3rd gear at 40 for example.

i have tried same revs lower gear but no vibration the car has never acelerated smoothly and the emisions are high dont know if a connection could it be the ignition coils or fuel injectors thanks for your help

hi the engine does vibrate at idle if i increase revs just a few hundred its smooth could this cause vibration through at speed 50mph only when acelerate not cruising

hi following your advice i checked engine mounts and the rear mount is almost broken through the rubber so thanks for pointing me there,i have had to order a new mount take about a month to arrive.If i may ask another question the engine vibrates at idle and then through the body of the car a 80kmh is it possible that this could fool the Knock Sensor into thinking the engine is pinking and retard the ignition and cause me loss of power and rich mixture

once again thanks for all your help adrian:lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back