Vectra - which induction kit

alba1314

Car
vectra 18ls
:D hi all. can you help i have a vectra c 18i. ls is there a eny point puting an induction kit on. if so which one.

Re: hi to all

hey and welcome mate.
to be honest nope, best idea would be to get a panel filter as this would give you a gain throught the whole rev range whereas the induction kit will move the power up the range.

I'd get the head gas flowed and ported and a good exhaust system if i were you. A fast road cam will also help.

Are you happy with the handling? Which interior does yours have? The leather?

I've heard good report about the simota closed induction kits on the astras, not sure if they fit the vectra too tho

i had a simota induction kit on my 2litre vectra and although you didnt get much noise from it until you put your foot down but i did notice the difference would recomend them as i am looking to get another one for my pug 206

I have a Vectra 2.2 Auto (53/C model - pre facelift) and it goes like a rocket. 8.8 to 62 (rolling road test) 158bhp. Doesn't look like there are any mods to anything other than the shocks and there is a Pipercross air filter. I got it second hand like this. Not bad for a car that has nearly 89k on the clock. I think that maybe the gearbox has been tuned, but I have no way of telling.

I would stick with a better air filter and maybe get uprated shocks and springs at a later time. Mine is the elegance model and doesn't seem to be lowered but it holds the road better than my old modified MG-ZS which is also excellent.

Don't go mad modifying alloys. Standard 17" are great but bigger increases mass, reduces performance. Unless you go for super light versions.

A better air filter is a cheap option and may improve MPG too. I get 28.5 average, 48 on motorways.