Vectra Mod's

ez64

Torque Junkie
Car
Jaguar XJS HE V12
Looking for some advice on upgrading the diesel Vectra B 97' 2.0l Turbo,

It's not as slow any more as it used to be after a Alternator belt/ECU/tires and some good old redex direct into the upper intake :D

Still I want to get some more juice out of it, first Idea's where added to the exhaust mod's, Cold Air intake and Replace the old turbo with a shiny aftermarket one?

ty for the linkage but isnt the DTI badge for 1999+ vectras and not the 97 R reg,

That company does look prety decent though compared to most of the ones that have a flashy BMW on the front and silly prices without any figures.

Will most likely be using them after I ask my insurer nicely :D

A nice remap from these lovely people :-

Click here for remap resaults Just select your car from thelist on the right and it will give you the accurate resaults of a remap from standard ;)

And then think about either a 50bhp or 75bhp shot of NOS. NOS works better on diesels as NOS works in the same way as a diesel engine i.e. works better under compression. Then if you purchase the right equipment with the NOS kit, you could then have the kit wired to be prgressive but constant and wont hurt your engine in anyway shape or form ;)

A set up such as 20% NOS in 1st
35% in 2nd
90% in 3rd (3rd is usually the gear people hit the NOS button when accelerating)
90% in 4th
and have the button for when you are in 5th gear as you dont really wanna be using it in your top gear as you wont get the acceleration benefits you would with the lower gears.

You'd have one pretty sick deisel beast then ;)

:D that might be something a bit longer down the line as my current insurance company says no to NOS.

As for the chippers mine is a Di model according to the years so stock 80bhp which is shocking :D

and they would only add 30bhp for £489.00 which is a bit steep to me.

Last edited:
Ok Im fitting the alloys im already insured on tommorow, the only thing is will they fit.

Im 100% on the PCD (4x100) the wheels will attach but there 18" Tsw Reflex's using

215 35z R18 Tyres, any idea on will they rub on the arch?

Remember its not a GSI its a 97 r reg DI older vectra, but they were previously on a Clio that was not altered.

The SRi and GSi models all came with 20mm lower springs that the rest of the range. So alsong as you haven't altered the ride height, those wheels should fit just fine ;) Worst case is, that you have to change the tyres for some lower profile ones but I can't see that being an issue with how low the profile already is. I have a friend with a Veccy GSi and he has the Vectra VXR 19" Snowflake wheels, the car is lowered a further 20mm (40mm overall) and he doesn't have any problems with clearence ;)

Ok sounds good,

On the remapping front, Celtic tuning stated "Your car doesnt have an ECU so we cannot tune it"

Even though the other companys quote me for it as the Di model and Ive had the ECU replaced at a very well known garage that I trust.

:s

Will post some pictures up of the veccy with its new rims some time later today :D

:lol: Well if it doesn't have an ECU perhaps the garage just fitted a little plastic box :confused: Do you think they were getting confused with another model?

They may have meant it is not remappable as some ECU's cannot be mapped. I thought pretty much every car has an ECU nowadays.

Heres the pictures, car and alloys need a bit of a wash/refurb but its all good.

f_1012081302m_854ca14.jpg

f_1012081303m_215957f.jpg

f_1012081259m_3b8657d.jpg

f_1012081300m_4f4ec1b.jpg

f_1808081002m_04a9579.jpg

Last edited:
Next thing mate, purchase a set of GSi shocks (very cheap to get hold of) and a set of Eibach Pro Sport springs from Courtenay Sport (I payed £172 for the set of 4 springs for my Calibra ;) ) and get it slammed. Wheels look great but the ride hight now looks to be a bit high. Watch out for the extra body roll on the bends from the centre of gravity now being higher ;)

Ya it is a bit high at the moment will need lowering or better shocks as you say, the 0-60 is definatly faster vs the stock 10/15" wheels but by god handling round corners is taking your life in your hands :D

As far as physics go it should actually be slower on 0-60 due to the circumfrance of the wheels being bigger and it taking longer for the wheel to do a full rotation. However, on the flip side you should get a better top end ;) But bonus if it is quicker ;)

Think its more down to the tires as well than anything and my old ones where a lot more chunky.

Really expensive slicks vs Donught 10" Bouncy castles on each wheel :D

The car is a lot harder to park and generally steer though.