Vectra Engine Swap - What size?

skyline2k9

Car
Vectra 1.8
Hi, I currently own a pretty much standard 1.8 vectra, though I am planning on upgrading the engine. I know everything like the gear box and intakes and brakes will need upgrading too, but I just wanted peoples opinions as whether to get a 2.5 V6 engine, or a 2.0Turbo? If I got the turbo I could get the engine remapped with more of an effect, so I can't really decide.

Also would any Vectra B engine fit in pretty easily??

Thanks in advance, Matt

You will get more power with the turbo with a few hundred quid than you ever would out of the 2.5 V6 (if you're keeping it N/A).

Can't help thinking that for the cost of doing what you want to do you might as well get a car with the engine you want already in - cos you'd want to do the brakes and suspension as well, you might as well flog the 1.8 and spend that and the extra you have getting a mint post facelift (t-reg) 2.5 GSi - there are some still about

That said, a lot of Vectra B GSI/Supertouring owners have gone the route of getting the 3.0/3.2 from an omega in, as it's basically the same v6 engine and more or less slots straight in.

Would a 2.0 turbo from a vectra C fit in a vectra b? Very different cars after all.

I agree totaly with he previous posts. Bad63r did a turbo conversin in his Vectra and it went lke the privvy door when the plague is in town! (FAST!)

The V6 is more of a burbly cruiser so I guess it depends what you want from the engine.

have to agree with yugguy on this one, i had the v6 and there wasnt enough power there for me personally, i think if your going to do an engine conversion you need to go for something that is going to get your heart racing at the end of it all.

are you registered on vvoc?

if your not get yourself on there, it is a fntastic site with loads of info, guy called crazyleds on there who is currently doing a 3ltr omega engine conversion, he bought a scrap omega purely for the engine and is selling the rest on (good way of making part of your money back).

i would defo suggest having a browse through the site to see what advice and help there is.

(sorry for pluggin another site waynne, pleeeeeeeeeeeeese forgive me ;) just i know it will help him with his decision :))

If I was you buddy I'd be trying to source Cavalier or Calibra Turbo thats either minor accident damaged or one thats been stood or something. But you'd be better buying the whole car then you can take everything you need off it and as said before sell the rest to get some money back.

Okay, thanks for all your help... I'll look into some more, see what the prices are going to be and everything. One of my main concerns is going to be insurance anyway, but I'll look into that as well before doing anything too irrationally.

Also, no, i'm not a member off vvoc, though I'll join now.

Thanks again