Vectra 2.6 v6 fuelling problem?

F

Flornorvan

I run a vectra 2.6 sri Y plate with 78,000 miles, when the fuel gauge gets down to around 20 litres the engine cuts out on acceleration or on a right hand turn. It is just as though the fuel supply has turned off or the spark has failed.

Fill the car up problem goes away, I have had the car checked over at three different vauxhall dealers who can find no fault.

I have considered water in the fuel but having run until the tank is on fumes I have discounted that one, someone has suggested a resistance fault in the fuel send er to the ecu.

Has any one else experienced the same problem and if so what can be done

Similar problem with the Scooby Imprezas - it was down to the fuel pickup. The fuel swishes to one side of the tank and this can cause fuel starvation. The solution is to vit a different style fuel pickup adn tank or just run the car with a fuller tank, and or have a fuel buffer tank in the fuel line somewhere to compensate for the lack of fuel.

It could also be a bad earth connection or a bad connection to the fuel pump. Does the radio stay on? Does it crackle or pip as the engine cuts out?

i know the father in law used to hae a similer prob with his old old rover cause was down to a broken earth wire on the fuel tank itself

dunno why it was causing the engine to cut out frequently when going around a sharp corner, soon as he fitted a new one the problem went away