Torque Cars

vauxhaul tigra

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by dennemic, 16 January 2019.

1. dennemic

dennemic Newbie

torbay
    Car:
    vauxhaul tigra
    hi I want to improve performance on a 1.8 , 06 plate but without ruining mpg to much any suggestions?

2. TAZ67

TAZ67 Full member

Scotland
    Car:
    Vauxhall Astra mk4
    I think that is a XER engine in that model? Start with making it breath better by fitting a sport's air filter like the K&N panel filter! The restrictive exhaust manifold can be replaced with a sport's 200cell cat manifold or even better a 4/2/1 with no cat then into middle box then straight through to the rear and no box. Might be a bit loud though but it will release power that was being restricted! A remapping of ECU would be needed doing this. My friend has a Corsa with this engine and he has done the 4/2/1 modification and fast road cams and had it remapped on a dyno. Power is now up to 180bhp and does sound good.

obi_waynne likes this.
  3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Good advice and tips there @TAZ67